Of Mice And Men - The Flood

Vinny

Jun 4, 2009
New Braunfels, Texas
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLWAC-aSIg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Just posting this here.
Drum tone reminds me of the new WCAR track.
Joey, did you abandon Slate on this album as well? Can't really tell since it's not in HD...

Of Mice & Men is BY FAR my favorite Joey produced band. There is just something about them that puts them above everybody else. And it's not anything that Joey is doing different with production (I assume?), Their clean singer and scream vocalist are both really unique and just take the sound to a whole different level for me, not to mention some general bad ass riffage. I will be the first to admit I am an OM&M fanboy :D

Now if only I could get any of my recordings to sound like THAT :hotjump:

yeh, I saw OM&M a few weeks ago and they were awesome, Austin's vocals were especially tight \m/

@Vinny, what new We Came As Romans track!?

Sounds like OM&M, tbh Im not too over the top ecstatic about the this.
Just getting bored with Austin and I dont think he is that great of a vocalist.

sorry guys, flame away

I thing what bothers me is that austin doesn't really do low growls. His highs are good but it'd add so much to the songs if he also did some deep lows.

Sounds better than their previous stuff. Really liking some of those riffs.

So many good songs are actually "co-composed" by good producers. That's part of the producer job, actually... Until my first paid project, I had to give some input on the compositions : bands just can't always come up with the right harmonies on vocals or guitars, don't (and can't) really know that 2 leads with almost no bass doesn't sound right, etc. Even well prepared bands has some things that HAS to be worked out with a good producer to help the song sound better in the end, and I wouldn't be surprised if Joey did have a big part in their composition process. Until a band show up with a producer in my studio, I'll be producer/co-producer on their albums. There's a reason why producers are there :p Bands usually don't like it when I say "this riff doesn't sound right, we have to change it", but in the end it's for their music's sake, so with the right approach, they're always winners in the end.

Is the song supposed to be a vague reference to the old album, course all the riffs and vocal melodies remind me of something I have heard before.
But its still good, looking forward to the whole album ! :)

I know you definitely help with the writing and arrangement but I believe in a youtube video austin and guitarist were writing together, but I just realized that these bands also try to look good, so I withdrawn my statement earlier =)