Of Mice & Men Tone Cover (did i get it?)

Sep 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Ok well, im currently doing a this instrumental cover for a friend who wants to cover the vocals for the song Purified by Of Mice & Men. My main concern here is whether or not i captured the tone of the GUITAR. i KNOW that half of the tone comes from bass, but unfortunately, i couldn't record bas yet, so if you think the tone is a bit "weak", you know why. please feel free to critique anything else. To be 100% honest, it's not fully mixed yet. There are still many things i need to fix. Let me know if you have any tips for this tone or in general. Thanks guys!

UPDATE!! I JUST ADDED BASS AND EDITED EVERYTHING A BIT MORE. LISTEN UP!

BTW sorry for such a short clip :(

Last edited by a moderator:
You are asking if your tone is fine, but your playing is sloppy as you say it, not edited, and there is no bass. So, that isn't even possible to get a really good tone out of that in the first place.

I don't get why people think this is OK for tone tests - most of the tone is defined by the player, so sloppy playing is going to lead to a sub-par tone no matter what you do.

Yeah i here ya. it was just a quick scratch track so that i can get some EQ levels right. It was way before i even thought of putting it up on the forum for people to critique. If i would have known that..well...it would have been a different story lol

It was absolutely not to be harsh at all, it's just, until everything is edited, and there's a bass that blends in, no one can really tell you if you nailed the tone or not