Off-Topic: Headphones

I have a pair of Sennheiser 590s for home and a pair of Sennheiser px200 for when I'm out and about.
The px200s are probably the best portable headphones around for the price ($120 AU). Not sure if you still buy the 590s but grab them if you can find them around, they're awesome.

Anything other than high-end Sennheisers have ridiculously exaggerated bass and poor detail in the mid-treble. Good for hip-hop maybe but definitely not metal or any other sensible music.

I seem to remember Neil Kernon saying he likes Etymotic's a lot.

All I can say is that I haven't had very good experience with Shure's in-ear headphones. I bought some E2C's and found them incredibly uncomfortable whichever earplugs I used. I eventually replaced them which CX300's, which are very cheap, and they sounded better, in my opinion.

I second the suggestion to check out headfi.org for the best headphone info. Very helpful people there, and it's a super active community.

I just got a pair of Atrio M8's by Future Sonics for about $140. They're amazing, but do require about 60 hours of burn in to reach their full potential. They're IEM's, so not for everyone. But I'm hearing my music with new ears since getting them. Best band for buck purchase ever.

D-CAT!!!!!!!!

Great to see you back here! What's going on? I was thinking that you'd be able to chime in on this thread with a referral to some Stax ear speakers or something.