[Off topic]Hillsong

I Am Eva

Dec 25, 2014
I have been listening to Hillsong United a lot lately on YouTube and I have really fallen in love with their worship to Jesus and the lyrics and music is incredibly soothing for my soul when I'm stressed out and need to go to the Lord and pray! It was a guy at the Pentecostal church Sunday who recommended this to me and he was right it's really worth listening to!:)
Theocracy still gives me the same but I think two different styles of music is good for all the moods one has during the day we'll what do you think?
Have a nice time wherever you are <3

I love Hillsong also. Check out Jesus Culture also. Darlene Zschech has some excellent praise and worship. Theocracy is one of the most Christian groups I have ever ran across, but they are not praise and worship.

I'm a guitarist and I mainly cover hillsong united when playing praise and worship. Let me know what you think about the others if you check them out. Casting Crowns has some great stuff also, but it is more inspirational than worship. Great nonetheless

I love Hillsong also. Check out Jesus Culture also. Darlene Zschech has some excellent praise and worship. Theocracy is one of the most Christian groups I have ever ran across, but they are not praise and worship.

I'm a guitarist and I mainly cover hillsong united when playing praise and worship. Let me know what you think about the others if you check them out. Casting Crowns has some great stuff also, but it is more inspirational than worship. Great nonetheless

I've listened to Jesus Culture a bit and they have good songs and the same good feeling as Hillsong, the latter I haven't yet heard anything of since Hillsong is so new that I want to take in more of their repertoire so to speak but I thank you for the offers of others you gave me and Darlene Zschech is amazing I really love Shout To The Lord a lot! Glory to the Lord Jesus Christ!

Exactly. Yeah, when you get a lot of musical content at one time its pretty overwhelming, but its good to at least know that it is out there. Do you have any favorites by Hillsong United yet?

Exactly. Yeah, when you get a lot of musical content at one time its pretty overwhelming, but its good to at least know that it is out there. Do you have any favorites by Hillsong United yet?

My top 3 favourites are as follow I Surrender , Oceans and Hosanna , these ones I want to listen to every day and if possible alone so that I can take them in completely and be in the moment and I get more and more favourites but me and names sometimes lol but as it is such a high quality of both lyrics as well as music I can only say that the list will be forever long with time and today I could sing Hillsong worship in swedish in the church and I felt like hey here is Hillsong chuch my own local version of it since it's Pentecostal the church I have started to go to, it's a blessing to have found it I must say,it's like God has had this plan for me to lead me there and I just wholeheartedly say thank you to Him for that :)

Glory be to God! I'm glad you found the church. I love hosanna also. It has a deep meaning. I forgot what it was, but I think its for praising. Amazing song and they did do a great job musically matching the instruments to the the lyrics (Theocracy is amazing at that also). Hillsong United's album Zion is very good. They have a live acoustic performance available on YouTube.

From Hillsong United, I would say my top 3 would have to be "One Way," "From the inside out," and "The Stand.". The Lord's presence has shown up several times when I have played (I'm a guitarist) "The Stand.". Keep me updated.

A little update, the Stand is really a great worship song! I saw an interview on YouTube where Joel Houston played it on an acoustic guitar and both the story behind and the song was special! Thank you for mentioning it to me ChristianRocker 116 !:)

A little update, the Stand is really a great worship song! I saw an interview on YouTube where Joel Houston played it on an acoustic guitar and both the story behind and the song was special! Thank you for mentioning it to me ChristianRocker 116 !:)
It was my pleasure, Eva! Their heart behind it is right. Joel is a fantastic lyricist, vocalist, and guitar player. I love how it is personalized and is a song of surrender.

I dito you on that you say ChristianRocker 116 and I must say that when someone is singing and playing a christian song it truly is worth millions more if the guy who sings is singing from his heart and the words he or she sings they believe in like Joel who has such an inspiring faith in Jesus and how with such love he is devoted to spreading the gospel of Jesus, I'm in awe over that me and I praise the Lord for giving us such gifts of great worship through Joel and Hillsong! I am very happy to talk to you by the way it's so nice to get replies!:)

I dito you on that you say ChristianRocker 116 and I must say that when someone is singing and playing a christian song it truly is worth millions more if the guy who sings is singing from his heart and the words he or she sings they believe in like Joel who has such an inspiring faith in Jesus and how with such love he is devoted to spreading the gospel of Jesus, I'm in awe over that me and I praise the Lord for giving us such gifts of great worship through Joel and Hillsong! I am very happy to talk to you by the way it's so nice to get replies!:)
Haha, I agree. When a person is new to a forum, you kinda hit the ground running. I'm enjoying the conversation also. The heart behind a praise and worship song is what makes it worship, otherwise, it is just a song. I heard about the lead singer of Megadeth singing a Christian song at the time when he wasn't a Christian (there's some talk about his conversion to Christianity now...Glory be to God!). But Gene Simmons can sing "Worthy is the Lamb," but it won't usher in the presence of God like it would if Joel Houston or Chris Tomlin were singing.

You sound like you have the heart of a true worshipper. Are you a musician?

Thank you, I'm glad if it shows and comes out that way and I think I carry the torchlight from my maternal grandparents about my faith and that I want to have Jesus in my heart so I humbly thank you for seeing the Light in me :)

As for being a musician no unfortunately not but I love good music and when it talks to you as does Theocracy in multum as well as Hillsong, different kind of music but the same honest heart for what they sing about and the same true Christian humble spirit in who they have their talent from and I love to sing but remembering the whole song can be a challenge but in church together with others it's not needed to feel like one leads and I still have the desire to dare pick up a guitar one day and try to play some small melody or piano, so yes a life without music is impossible for me and I love dancing too but mostly nowadays at home so nobody sees me ;)

Have a nice and blessed day <3

Thanks, you too Eva. God likes music and dance too. If you need any tips on playing guitar, I'll offer them. I play both acoustic and electric and plently of Hillsong United and Theocracy. I think keyboard and piano would be fun to learn. But it sounds like you like the deep worship music. Something that glorifies God and would be a blessing for the hearers (Eph. 4:29). In which case I would recommend acoustic. Although electric guitar is easier to play, the acoustic will strengthen your fingers and sound a lot more resonant than a guitar without an amplifier. Plus its cheaper :) I bought a Fender acoustic (I don't know the specific model) for $110. Of course, you will have to go to Guitar Center and play them for yourself then choose your favorite.

I usually use an electric and use a setting on my modeling amp (models the sounds of other amps without shoveling out $$$$). The setting allows my electric to sound very clean, thick, and clear or just produce an acoustic-like sound. That set up is around $250. Again, acoustic is cheaper, but you have to find what you like. I recommend both, because the electric plays like a dream after playing an acoustic. The chords can be hit clearer with MUCH less pressure on the strings.

I'm working on singing now. I think its working, but, like with anything else, it requires practice.

And your faith sounds very strong. Sounds like you make God's will yours and desire to live for His glory. Care if I ask if you are baptized in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues?

Not yet but I have it as a plan to soon be baptised and become a member of the Pentecostal church I go to ! I am currently a member of the Lutheran church but it being more out of tradition than chosen by faith since that is the main church in my country but the Pentecostal church speaks volumes to me and the Holy Spirit is so present and the members so caring and helpful so I want to be with them and about speaking in tongues I hear it often there and would feel blessed if I could too but I have yet to see if it will happen!
Thank you for the inspirational guidance on guitar and it would be nice to hear you play if you have posted some videos some place! :)
10 000 reasons by Hillsong is so growing on me and A Beautiful Exchange too I just love them <3

If you ask for the gift of tongues, you will receive it. When you are baptised in the Holy Spirit, it will be evidenced by you speaking in tongues as "the Holy Spirit gives you utterance." <- (that's a Bible verse, but I don't recall the site).

Also, when you speak in tongues, you are praying the perfect will of God and the devil cannot interpret what you are saying. It is a very powerful tool for a believer.

I would suggest going to the Pentecostal for it. They seem to have some strong faith for it (you have your own, but I would still suggest the Pentecostal Church).

And I love 10,000 reasons

Thank you so much and please pray for me that this will happen and that the Lord will be with me in this since in my spiritual life the Pentecostal church is really a place where I want to be and I have the support of my family too behind me so I do no harm to anyone in the process which is great!:) I listen to Brian Houston through the app on my smartphone daily and I get so inspired to follow the paths of Jesus and put His will into my life and I am blessed to get small signs as today I saw on the sky two rainbows pointing up towards God and I took it as proof He's there even for me. Hallelujah Yesuah <3

I will definitely pray for you Eva.
What app do you use to listen to Brian Houston? I enjoy his sermons when I come across them occasionally on TV, but I didn't know he was on an app

It's called Hillsong with the name Hillsong church beneath the Hillsong name on Google play store for android and I am sure you will find it for iPhone too if you have a such but windows phone I don't know at all but I read an article about Hillsong and there it was to download through the systems mentioned! :)
Thank you for the prayers, are you Pentecostal too?

It's called Hillsong with the name Hillsong church beneath the Hillsong name on Google play store for android and I am sure you will find it for iPhone too if you have a such but windows phone I don't know at all but I read an article about Hillsong and there it was to download through the systems mentioned! :)
Thank you for the prayers, are you Pentecostal too?

Thanks!

And Yes, I am Pentecostal, but more non-denominational. I believe the Bible and only the Bible. I believe in the usage of the gifts of the spirit. I believe that Jesus is the son of God, I have made Him my Lord and have confessed with my mouth that He is Lord and I believe in my heart that God has raised Him from the dead (Romans 10:9). I believe in healing and that we are already healed (1 Peter 2:24) and I believe that the Holy Spirit is the other third of the Trinity and is still active in our lives as we allow.