Honorable mentions:
Haste the Day
Narnia
The Letter Black
Fireflight
Anberlin
Kutless

And Secular:
Metallica (Ride the Lightening & Master of Puppets)
Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory & Meteora)
Three Days Grace

Here is a list of 10 awesome Christian songs in no particular order. I'm not going to say it's my top ten, as there would probably be fewer bands in the list if I did my absolute favorites. Yes, it's almost all Christian Metal with the exception of the Michael Sweet song, which is very mellow, and Neal Morse. I didn't come up with ten songs without duplicating artists, so I added more Veni Domine at the end since they are one of my favorites. I figured you all know Theocracy already so I limited them to one. :)

Theocracy - Mirror Of Souls

(I'll avoid posting the clip since all of you should have heard this. :) The end of this song brings tears to my eyes, which not a lot of songs do for me.)

Michael Sweet - One (from the Truth demo)

(Unfortunately, I can't find a link to this. "Father, Son, and Spirit, work through me as one." Gives me goosebumps just thinking about this song.)

Veni Domine - Silent Lamb

(Is it just me or are these guys almost completely unknown, even in Christian metal circles? They have been around since at least 1991 and have 6 albums!)

Stryper - The Rock That Makes Me Roll (from Soldiers Under Command)

Divinefire - Never Surrender

Eterna - Da Pacem Domine (the version from Terra Nova)

(I'm relatively new to this band, so this is an early favorite but may not remain the favorite)

Neal Morse - Sing It High

(I'm not sure if this would be my favorite by Neal or not, but it's catchy :))

Veni Domine - Ritual Of The Sinner

Veni Domine - 1st Of Ten

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmh-Uhutwo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmh-Uhutwo[/ame]

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Veni Domine - Silent Lamb

(Is it just me or are these guys almost completely unknown, even in Christian metal circles? They have been around since at least 1991 and have 6 albums!)

They are by no means as well known as Narnia for example, but at least most long time christian metalheads know them.
They are good at what they're doing, but their progressive style is not everyone's cup of tea I think.

I have the first three albums and especially Spiritual Wasteland is an album I just can't get into.

I saw them live in the mid-nineties together with Saviour Machine :)

I'm gonna redo my list:

1-

2-

3-

4-

5-

6-

7-

8-

10-

:headbang::headbang: hope this pleases u guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
They are by no means as well known as Narnia for example, but at least most long time christian metalheads know them.
They are good at what they're doing, but their progressive style is not everyone's cup of tea I think.

I have the first three albums and especially Spiritual Wasteland is an album I just can't get into.

I saw them live in the mid-nineties together with Saviour Machine :)

You got to see them live with Saviour Machine? Awesome! That's a good point about their progressive style not being everyone's thing. I'm equally into prog and power metal, so Veni Domine sits just right with me. In fact, Spiritual Wasteland may be my favorite of theirs. Their last three albums are a little more straightforward and less progressive, in my opinion, than their first three.

I won't mention Theocracy in this list (Faves are Absolution Day, Theocracy, Laying the Demon to Rest, and Rudolph vs Frosty lol), but:

Seventh Avenue:
Storm II
Southgate
Heaven Can't Wait
New Era
Futures Dawn

Narnia:
Sail Around the World

Slick Shoes:
Lucky

Rob Rock:
Savior's Call

Adiastasia:
Kingdom of Glory
The Fellowship

HB:
God has all Glory

:headbang: oh i forgot to mention seventh avenue! I'd add A step between the worlds, futures dawn, and some others in my list! :headbang: