off-topic some charity......

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
A guy I know personally, namely Sean (aka The Q) put this on the Tad Morose board, so I reposted it here. I'm certainly not here to ask anyone to make a donation, only to lend support if you feel interested (which certainly includes moral support.) This post hit home with me because my father-in-law is a dialysis patient and I know the pain and lifestyle he has to deal with just to stay alive and reasonably healthy. Sean doesn't post here, but he can be found on the Prog Power forum and he is a great guy. Go sean !! The Oldschool forum is pulling for you brother !! Here is his post:

"I am taking part in The National Kidney Foundation Of Illinois Gift Of Life Walk 2005 in Chicago, IL. on Sunday, June 26, 2005. My goal is $200 and was wondering if anyone on the board would be interested in sponsoring me. There is no obligation at all, just want to get the word out and do my best with the time that is left. I am a current kidney dialysis patient so this hits very close to home. I plan on finishing this walk no matter what, so no worries on that end. I was able to set up a sponsorship webpage to make it easier for contributors. I have provided the link below. Thank you for your interest and support.

-Sean Quigley

http://www.justgiving.com/pfp/SeanQ

Fondest memory of Powerfest '05: Urban Breed and a big group of us at Hooters!!!! Ah the mammaries!!!"

Bryant

As this thread is about charity I thought it might be appropriate to put this here (although I know it will only be relevant to the U.K. members). If it's a problem please will one of the mods delete it but it's gonna be a great gig in aid of a worthy cause.
(Details below relate to the guy promoting the show)

the place-
The Jailhouse COVENTRY sunday June 19th
for-
the walsgrave hospital special care baby unit
the reason-
it started 15 years ago when my little sister was born 10 weeks early weighing 3lb5oz and admitted there she was there 6weeks.
3 years later my little brother was born 15 weeks early weighing 2lb1oz he was the worst his lungs colapsed 5 times and he underwent 5 operations to save his life, just imagine being that doctor with a full size operating table and in the middle of it a baby that weighed now under 2lb its horrific he spent the first 3 months of his life there.
then fast forward to 5 years ago my 3rd child was born 8 weeks early not as small as my bro and sis at 4lb she spent 3 weeks in.

thats why im putting on this show to say thank you to them because this year my sister will be 15, my brother will be 12, and my youngest will be 5

thats the story.

the show -
8 bands have kindly donated their time to play this gig.

Update on the gig (running times and addmission)

Running order and times
3:00pm – Doors open
3:30pm - Laid to waste (35mins)
4:25pm – Panic cell (35mins)
5:20pm – Long time dead (35mins)
6:15pm – The plague symphony (35mins)
7:10pm – Black river project (35mins)
8:05pm – Stand aside (35mins)
9:05pm – Balance of silence (45mins)
10:15pm – Fourwaykill (45mins)
11pm – Finish

It's gonna cost a fiver on the door which in my humble opinion is well worth it for the great bands that are playing. Get down for it if you can.
ALL profits going to the Special Care Baby Unit at the Walsgrave Hospital in Coventry

tell your friend and family and everyone else you ever speak to .......

ITS FOR THE CHILDREN DAMN IT!!!!