Off Topic

no, I wasn´t joking, I really didn´t know.
Well, now you mentioned, I searched the net and realized that he is the guy who did all these album-covers. So then came to my mind that recently was a report about him in a music mag, but until now I forgot the name... I digged the issue out and there you go:
www.kristianwahlin.com The page isn´t working yet, but there is an e-mail-adress
info@kristianwahlin.com Maybe it is worth a try. If it doesn´t work, then ask your question on the "Swedish-Metal" Forum or e-mail the moderator of it. Could work... And have you already tried the band´s homepages where he is in?

Kristian Wahlin is necrolord! In case you guys didnt know who that was, look at the album covers of tiamat, therion, emperor, dissection, at the gates, king diamond and countless others and youll see that they were done by necrolord. Crimson II is also done by him. I bet if any of you looked through your music collections, you will find a good pile of albums with artwork signed necrolord. He helped invent the look of some of death metal's most famous releases.

Kristian Wahlin started in the band grotesque back in the 80's. Grotesque also consisted of alf svensson and tomas lindberg from at the gates. This was the FIRST gothenburg band! Their album "In the embrace of evil" is classic! Afterwards, Tompa and Alf left with the twins and formed at the gates. Wahlin then formed Liers in wait with Chris Johnson of Therion on vocals. Their one album Spiritually Uncontrolled Art, till this day has the MOST time changes of any death metal album Ive ever heard. Its classic, amazing! These days he started Diabolique, which sounds like katatonia, and plays in The Great Deciever with Tom Lindberg and ex Liers in Wait members. He is a brilliant guitarist and a gifted musician who in my opinion, never got the credit he deserved. His music should never be forgotten.

Cool! thanks for info! See, my best area is the finnish scene, and there is still lots to learn about swedish metal ;)
I usually read the booklets, but somehow I must have forgotten that I read his name for Crimson 2. Apart from that, the artwork sometimes is cool (like Nordland) but in general, this style is not at all my favourite kind of artwork.
Actually I like only very few CDs/Bands artwork-like, for example HIM have some classic ones (and some terrible, too, but the majority is cool), aswell Kent have a great concept, Opeth and Verenpisara,too.
I love good logos like the one of Moonsorrow and Children Of Bodom-stuff is always above everything. It is just personal taste, so don´t freak out now ;)

I´ll check the music when I get something in my hands. :wave: