Official Evergrey chat channel now up and running!

pollution

Yes,they call me Aki too.
Jul 18, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Brand new Evergrey chatroom has been opened, a Java applet for joining the chat can be found from the Evergrey site: Chatroom

Tom and other band members can be expected to join the chat and talk with the fans occasionally.

As it's a totally new channel I hope you'll have some patience to hang around for a while and see what's happening.

For those of you who are familiar with IRC (Internet Relay Chat):
Server: irc.umbranet.org
Port: 6667
Channel: #evergrey
Network: Umbranet

Hoping to see many of you there,
Aki (the chat administator, nick "pollution")

That "occasionally" might be a bit pessimistic. Jonas and Mike from the band just left the channel after chatting for awhile, as did Carina (Tom's wife). In some ways this was more fun than a concert! :D

Some observations from the first 12 days when the chat has existed:
-There has been more than 19000 lines of talking, pretty nice!
-All the band members have been there now! So far Tom, Mike, Jonas, Rikard or Henrik have joined any time between 12.00 CET (6am EST) and 03.00 CET (9pm EST)
-Quite a few folks who have checked it out have stayed there only for like less than a minute and left if nothing happened.. hang around a bit more and there'll be some action for sure :)
-Have had folks from all over the world.. I think the most exotic visitor was from Jordan :)

well, I'll have to check this out a bit more... I stopped by for a minute and left... but sometime I'll keep it up longer... it would be great to chat with my favorite band and all the great fans!

ProgMetalFan said:
well, I'll have to check this out a bit more... I stopped by for a minute and left... but sometime I'll keep it up longer... it would be great to chat with my favorite band and all the great fans!
Yep you should check it out a bit more :) It'll be busier again after the "Interact" page with the chat info on the new website will be back up!

Im patient as well..was patient enough when i got to meet them in Columbus, OH..even for that brief moment lol....just wish my PC would cooperate more...... :headbang:

VisionsofEvergrey said:
Im patient as well..was patient enough when i got to meet them in Columbus, OH..even for that brief moment lol....just wish my PC would cooperate more...... :headbang:
Tom and Jonas visited the chatroom last night, hopefully we'll see them there more often now 'cos they're back from the long tour :)

We installed a new version of the Java chat client on the website, maybe it helps if some of you had problems with it before.

The link for the Java chat client and chat info: http://www.evergrey.net/interact.php

The chatroom is awesome!

It was just me and Mike talking just now. He's a pretty cool guy.

I'm glad I decided to stick around for more than a minute. :D

I have to get a IRC client thats free, i cant seem to find any keys for the original mIRC clients :S

Btw im the old Elassar, just changed name when u see me back in there again :p
(from now on and for an "not known" time ill be called Alarcron in chat and everywhere:p)