Official IE board disabled...

Guess who I am on WOtW. ;)

I have two guesses:
1) Budget and bandwidth problems; they're shutting it down till they can afford it.
2) Jon got pissed about something someone said.

I wish they'd have left it up long enough to let everyone know about the existence of this board.

Funny, your reputation meter says that you are known to all, yet I don't know you. Am I so insignificant that I am not even considered a member of this forum? Insignificant, am I? And then one day you'll realize the beauty that breaks down never leans the reson why. Hmm....sorry, I just spontaneously broke into song. Damn, I hate it when that happens.

Yeah, it would've been nice of Neil to let us know it was gonna be shut down. It'd also be nice if Neil could answer my e-mail about why the board was shut down. Fuckin' wanker.

Ben

BenMI said:
It'd also be nice if Neil could answer my e-mail about why the board was shut down.

Damn straight, I dont see why its so difficult for him to just say WHY it was shut down...

I'm willing to bet it was because most of the topics in recent months have nothing to do with Iced Earth besides a few. Not that it wasn't expected because between albums, what IE business is there really to talk about?

That, and what is there to say about IE between cds when Neil ran that place like a Nazi censorship party. I understand they pay for it, and it is on their official website, and blah blah blah, but they don't really need a message board if they won't allow thoughtful discussion, nor off topic stuff when between albums and tours. What else is there to say?

BenMI said:
Yeah, it would've been nice of Neil to let us know it was gonna be shut down. It'd also be nice if Neil could answer my e-mail about why the board was shut down. Fuckin' wanker.

Sorry, we were originally expecting the explanation to come out immediately after shutting the board down, but it took a little longer than planned.

Anyway, it should all be clear now. Check the band board.

(and be warned, it's a fair bit more dramatic than what most seem to think)

Neil
webmaster@icedearth.com

skyrefuge said:
Sorry, we were originally expecting the explanation to come out immediately after shutting the board down, but it took a little longer than planned.

Neil
webmaster@icedearth.com

Jeez Neil, I would have much preferred it if you had just gotten the shits and closed the board yourself rather than this... :cry: :)

skyrefuge said:

Neil
webmaster@icedearth.com
I'd just like to point out that I've always noticed that Neil seems to get a lot of unnecessary shit from fans...IE's site is one of the best band sites that I know of.

ClarifyAmbiguity said:
I'd just like to point out that I've always noticed that Neil seems to get a lot of unnecessary shit from fans...IE's site is one of the best band sites that I know of.

Sure, I'll agree with the first part, although I'm rather used to it by now. I disagree with the second part, but thanks anyway!

And spawn, I know what you mean; I got a message from Jon saying he had to talk immediately about some big news. It seemed like the Iron Maiden tour already had plenty of openers, but I was still holding out hope that it was somehow "good news". Of course, it wasn't, although maybe in the long run it will turn out to be.

Neil
webmaster@icedearth.com

skyrefuge said:
And spawn, I know what you mean; I got a message from Jon saying he had to talk immediately about some big news. It seemed like the Iron Maiden tour already had plenty of openers, but I was still holding out hope that it was somehow "good news". Of course, it wasn't, although maybe in the long run it will turn out to be.

Neil
webmaster@icedearth.com

Yeah, its a shame, but life goes on, as long as Matt is happy I guess thats all that matters considering all the years he put into the band for our benefit :D

Is there any way maybe you can set up a guest book or something and moderate each post before it goes in (to make sure theres no smart ass posts) so we can at least give Matt a thank you for all the great work he did? (I know it would probably be a lot of work if you had to moderate each post but it would be good for Matt to see im sure!)

Because it just would have been filled with about 9000 posts about it, im sure it will be back, give it a week or so to cool down :)