Official Maiden tour thread (here be SPOILERS)

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
I thought we'd pop all tour-related posts into this one thread rather than have them spread over the "Actual Iron Maiden Downunder news" and "Maiden Melbourne Roll-Call" and "IRON MAIDEN!" threads.

Here's a picture of the setlist:

mumbai4.jpg

God, have you seen the retards on the official Maiden forum complaining about the setlist? "Oooh, Fear of the Dark shouldn't be there - it's not from the 80s! They should replace it with Caught Somewhere in Time or Alexander the Great! Ooooh!"

I think it's a fantastic setlist. OK, maybe I'd prefer not to see The Clairvoyant there because it's probably one of the few Maiden songs I really don't like, but it's great otherwise.

Someone on the forum said the show goes for 1hr 35 minutes, but it looks like it'd go for about 2 hours.

And it looks like Clairvoyant and Evil That Men Do might be interchangeable, judging by what it says on the setlist up there.

Posted the set list on another BB, titled "Seven days...and one hour".

Smartarse replied...Rime of the Ancient Mariner must be the 7 days. That song goes forever!

LOL

I know nothing about how guitarists work, but are they notes telling Adrian what to do for each song? Or is it more for his guitar tech or something?

I think he's getting at that it looks like the set list is Adrian's set list...because of the picks there...and it hardly says solo next to any of the songs, it's mostly "HARMS" which I'd say would be harmonies. So he probably just doubles most of the time, or plays bits like intros and stuff.

But, I have to say...I'd rather see more great SiT material like Caught, or Stranger.

I think he's getting at that it looks like the set list is Adrian's set list...because of the picks there...and it hardly says solo next to any of the songs, it's mostly "HARMS" which I'd say would be harmonies. So he probably just doubles most of the time, or plays bits like intros and stuff.

But, I have to say...I'd rather see more great SiT material like Caught, or Stranger.

Yes, SiT material, what the fuck is wrong w/maiden???

Also while im dummy spitting, the show looks short, is that the best we get... we don't see them for 20 years (eastern old farts excluded) and its stock standard favourites? Don't get me wrong its gonna be great, I'm dying for it but, but... Trying to be calm, trying to keep my cool but feelings are running wild... Can I play with madness?

I know nothing about how guitarists work, but are they notes telling Adrian what to do for each song? Or is it more for his guitar tech or something?

Seems to me it's for his tech - a note on what guitar, which tuning, and I'm guessing the tech controls some of the volume settings backstage for him?

Nice insight, actually :)

As for the number of solos - remember, Harris lost his mind around the time Janick joined, and he actually thinks Janick plays some of H's parts better; that's why he played the opening to 2 Mins for so long (thankfully tho, not on the last tour \m/).

Honestly, I don't know why people are complaining about the setlist. For the most part I think it's great. And there has only been one show so far.

If I WAS to whinge about the setlist, it'd be that I don't want to see Run to the Hills live anymore (it's obvious Bruce has no interest in singing it - listen to Death on the Road!) and I don't want Moonchild or The Clairvoyant. Apart from that it's awesome - yes, including Fear of the Dark.