Official Maiden tour thread (here be SPOILERS)

My opinion is of no concern, since i won't be seeing them on this tour, but I wish they'd retire Fear of the Duck for a few tours. Mind you, the sing-along is quite nice :)

Some nice photos on the Maiden site, including...

md_2483.jpg

"Ouch! Why'd they make the flagpole so sharp??"

I luv the list...:headbang:

For me it's not just the songs, it's the show that goes with it, the crowed the atmosphere, to be on the same playing field as everyone else, I would say 90% of the people will be singing at the same time, so really if Bruce's voice is sh!t on the night I think the fans will fix that little problem.

I'm just happy their playing in my city....:kickass::headbang:

I just saw a Sky News report on Maiden playing in India. They drew a massive crowd! The reported talked about British metal having a resurgence around the world.

On another note, here's a couple of photos I took outside Acer Arena before the NRL grand final:

MaidenAcer.jpg

MaidenAcer2.jpg

Nice one. :) Is the place you're staying at between the station and the beer garden in front of the big hotel?

I'm far more excited about this tour than the last one. Maybe it's because last time the whole week was so busy - arrive in London on the Saturday, go to the movies that night and sleep through most of it, go to the Isle of Wight on the Sunday, go to Tenacious D at Hammersmith on the Monday, day off on Tuesday because the exhaust fell off the car, go to Spamalot on the Wednesday, day off Thursday, see Maiden on Friday and Saturday, go to Paris on Sunday. The whole thing was just so overwhelming.

All I can remember of the two shows were the relatively poor reaction from the crowd because they weren't playing a greatest hits set, seeing Chris Squire from Yes a few rows behind me (he left after two songs), the power outage at the first show, Lauren Harris getting a surprisingly good reaction from the crowd, Trivium trying to get the fans to form circle pits and then Bruce telling the audience later not to push or they would stop the show, someone throwing a bottle of wee-wee at the singer from Trivium, Bruce absolutely nailing "The Legacy" on both nights... and that's about all.

Great shows, both of them, and I loved the sets because AMOLAD is my favourite Maiden album, but I guess because it was my first time and the week was so hectic I couldn't really appreciate it.