Official Playoff Hockey Thread

There would not be more Rafi Torres hits. That's ridiculous. It's called suspending people and fining them.

ah...you can't.....dmngnghrrrng.....have you been watching this year? has it worked? i'm just asking, seriously, do you think shanahan's tactics have been at all effective? i really, really do not. at all.

i guess at this point we have to wonder if it's just the increased scrutiny given to "dirty" hits (which *seem* to be increasing in frequency) or if there's really a problem going on with a serious lack of on-ice enforcement. frankly i tend to believe the latter. pretty strongly.

It might be. They should have really destroyed Ottawa.

Hats off to Washington though. That fucking rookie goaltender Holtby played his ass off. He looks very promising. Cool customer. And although it made for dumbed down, boring hockey, that asshat Dale Hunter did a marvelous job coaching his team and coming up with a good strategy against Boston.

Washington played a better series with a sound strategy. Boston is still the better team imo but was just so flat and frustrated by Washington's shot blocking, trap, and the rook.

I wish Horton and McQuaid were healthy. I wish Lucic would take the fucking stick out of his ass during the playoffs. I wish my nigga Bergeron wasn't all banged up; he couldnt do shit and our faceoffs were SEVERELY affected. And I wish Claude didnt sit Thornton, especially in Game7 where we could have used the boost. The core of the team is back next year and Seguin one more year mature. Also, that was probably Tim Thomas' last game as a Bruin. Time for Tuukka to take over.

Fun Fact #1: This was the first playoff series in history that all 7 games were decided by only one goal. It was the first time in history that when it was 6 until last night.

Fun Fact #2: 7 out of the last 9 Stanley Cup Champs have been ousted in the first round the next year.

The parity of the NHL is insane. There isn't much difference even between the seeds really. The difference in regular season points between the 2nd seed Bruins and the n7th seed Caps was only 4 points.

Agreed. I don't know of any other sports league that spreads out the talent as well as the NHL. Every team is capable of winning on any given night. Teams like the Blue Jackets and Isles, for the most part, fail because of utter incompetence at the top, not because they're AHL teams dressed in NHL sweaters. Granted, depth is what gets you farther than the other team, but the "bad" teams have some really great players on them. Johnny Tavares? Rick Nash?
NHL is the best league ever created.
MLB is probably the worst.