Official Playoff Hockey Thread

Yeah that's an unsportsmanlike penalty
you also cant shoot the puck after the whistle

If you took fighting out of hockey, there will be even more Rafi Torres type hits. It's an essential part of the game. And damn entertaining!

Are you really complaining about fistacuffs?! Wipe the sand out of your vagina or stick to Croquet!

But can punch people in the face!

sure.

fighting is stupid though...the era of self-policing ended long ago. Now fights are staged between two guys who are really good at it.
Policing is now done by Brendan Shanahan and the Dept of Player Safety

There would not be more Rafi Torres hits. That's ridiculous. It's called suspending people and fining them. It's NOT an essential part of the game. Ever heard of Olympic Hockey? There is no fighting in Olympic hockey and it's damn fine sport.

Oh, I agree. I like European hockey leagues, too. I was just explaining why fighting is legal in NHL.

Meh. I dunno. And I even have an account and make regular posts on hockeyfights.com :lol:

It's obviously not essential. Idk what ken is blabbering about. I just found out I can't criticize a sport I like to watch, though.

I think it's a bit silly, but I think a bunch of men twice my size and a hundred times my income chasing a wee bit of rubber is a bit silly too so I guess it goes well together. There is dedicated sports for punching dudes, though.

Sports are just downright ridiculous when you get down to it
grown men in tight pajamas running around after a ball or puck
I never figured out how they take it so seriously. When ever I save someones life or whatever at work I don't jump up and down and hug my coworkers
Watching sports for me...well its a fine line between getting really into it or laughing my ass off