Official Release Dates of Nevermore's "The Obsidian Conspiracy" and Album Cover Art

wow that audio clip literally gave me chills. the production sounds amazing and that riff is so thrashy yet catchy I can't believe it. Before now I just didn't think about the album but now I can't fucking wait for this to come out :OMG:

Also me!

No matter what anyone says, including myself, these four guys are top notch motherfucking metal musicians, and put out nothing but crushing-as-fuck records every time they so infrequently do. They may get the gloss-over from lots of american 'scenester' metalheads (which are growing by the numbers.......), but they're absolute metal gods, and every time a new Nevermore record looms, my pants grow tight.

Can't fucking wait. But I will.

You realize andy mixed the last 4 Nevermore albums including this one, right? Peter Wichers is the new producer. My only concern off of that sample is that the drums sound too soft and plain for me on this one... It's almost reminiscent of the EoR drums. My favorite mixes for Van were definitely TGE and DHIADW, take either one of those and hybridize em with the cymbals from DNB, and that's how a fucking kit should sound like.

OK. Now I want details of the release. Is there going to be a "super duper limited edition digipack" version of the album or just plain regular CD?

You realize andy mixed the last 4 Nevermore albums including this one, right? Peter Wichers is the new producer. My only concern off of that sample is that the drums sound too soft and plain for me on this one... It's almost reminiscent of the EoR drums. My favorite mixes for Van were definitely TGE and DHIADW, take either one of those and hybridize em with the cymbals from DNB, and that's how a fucking kit should sound like.

Andy mixed AND produced TGE, not just mixing. Andy gets a very specific sound when he produces, and I am venturing a guess that this is what Brooks was talking about.

Mixing in itself is an art, but keep in mind the old adage, shit goes in, shit comes out. Listen to the original EOR and then Andys version. The Guitars are still weak cause there is not much Andy can do about the pre-recorded signal.

Once the CD comes out I will reserve final judgment, but it does sound very good to me so far even with the shitty youtube compression which am sure is cutting the hair off the high end and cutting the balls off the lows :)

How can anyone even begin to complain about production on a Nevermore album after we all heard the first edition of EOR?

Jesus dudes.

How can anyone even begin to complain about production on a Nevermore album after we all heard the first edition of EOR?

Jesus dudes.
oh its not THAT bad once you get used to it. i still listen to the original in the car, cause i didnt buy the remix. it does sound better though.