Official Release Dates of Nevermore's "The Obsidian Conspiracy" and Album Cover Art

oh its not THAT bad once you get used to it. i still listen to the original in the car, cause i didnt buy the remix. it does sound better though.

I bought it, and while the remix is definitely MUCH better, the original one is really not that bad indeed and I have it in my car also :)

On another note: I can not wait to hear the new album!!!! :kickass:

I love Sneap in the mixing and production chair, fuck this blanket talk. I would much rather have the instruments that are clean and precise to listen to instead of some KVLT production clusterfuck that sounds like my grandma passing kidney stones in a bathroom made of aluminum.

I'd take the original EOR production over this.

Muddy as hell, but the vocals sounded powerful. The remixed I Voyager was terrible. I don't listen to Nevermore for pretty production, I want something that's going to hurt my ears and slam me against a wall like DNB. And in that regard, PLEASE stop using 7 string guitars.

I'd take the original EOR production over this.

Muddy as hell, but the vocals sounded powerful. The remixed I Voyager was terrible. I don't listen to Nevermore for pretty production, I want something that's going to hurt my ears and slam me against a wall like DNB. And in that regard, PLEASE stop using 7 string guitars.
Because a 30 second YOUTUBE clip reveals everything about how this album is going to sound :rolleyes:

You say you don't listen to them for production values, yet here you are judging it based on a damned youtube compressed sample clip.

I just wish people could at least wait until the high quality mp3 leak happens before they start up the fucking age old production argument yet again.

Andy Sneap's production fits for some bands and for some it doesn't. I think it definitely suits for Nevermore and Megadeth (and some other bands too). Arch Enemy is one those bands that should get someone else to mix and master their albums. I'm fairly sure that the production of The Obsidian Conspiracy will sound good except if Andy Sneap did very basic job without giving much emphasis to the music. Then it may sound bit too plastic, lifeless and flat but I don't see any reason why he would have done so.

Sneap's biggest minus in my books is that every album he mixes and/or masters tends to sound very much alike. Very little variation can be heard but sometimes he surprises me positively (Megadeth's Endgame was one of those albums). You can still hear who mixed and mastered it but it sounds better and bigger than some other albums he did.

You have a point but we pretty much know what to expect in terms of production. I have the same problem with Borknagar.

How can you say that?

Megadeth Endgame sounds totally different from the new Exodus which sounds totally different from TGE, which sounds toally different then any other AS produced / mixed CD.

You people talking about how his production is stale are nuts. He is THE top metal producer in my opinion right now, the dude just gets amazingly CLEAN and LOUD mixes.

Personally I am not a huge fan of the production on DHIADW, Its OVERLY processed and triggered in my opinion.

Personally I think this CD will be amazing production wise. The youtube clips sounds fantastic other then the guitar tone in my opinion. Of course its lacking some highs and some low end but thats the youtube compression fucking it up. I think jeff went direct on the axe-FX for this cause the tone sounds modeled to me. It doesn't really breathe. But thats jeffs choice. The guitar tone on TGE was in my opinion the best since POE.

I totally agree on the 7 string guitar though. My fave moment on TGE was when they stopped chugging on the Low B for Psalm Of Lydia. That to me was the best song on the album. Warrel sounded incredible on that song, it was in the perfect tuning for his voice and he really shined cause of it.

Not to be a dick to Jeff but he needs to lay off that Low B string. He may as well just tune a 6 string to B and play it for christ sake.

But we will see in a few months how it sounds and then we can tear it apart like we always do.

you want relevant info and news?

http://www.blabbermouth.net

YOU WILL GET NONE OF THAT HERE !!!

SOUPNAZI.png