Official Release Dates of Nevermore's "The Obsidian Conspiracy" and Album Cover Art

Ok so now someone needs to download that shit and record their interpretation of what they think Warrel's vocals and melodies will be, before the original is released!!! I have neither voice nor recording ability.

Dan buddy, I'm lookin at you here. Do it on your toilet.

edit: Warrel, post the lyrics!

Really liking the song.

I should be doing homework, but instead I'm playing Snake II on my new old Nokia 3390 and using this as the background music :kickass:

Ok ... so its time for everyone to crucify me ....

This mix is pretty bad, I hope this is an unmixed / unmastered release. If so then fine ignore everything I am about to day ... but if this is final I am going to be pretty dissapointed.

This has got to be Jeffs worst tone to date. Its all brittle and weal. The entire overall mix has WAYYYYYY to much low end. The drums sit on top of everything except the big ol' LOUD AS FUCK guitar solo at the end.

While the songs kicks a ton of ass and the playing of course is amazing, I am just not feeling the mix on this AT ALL.

The bass guitar has no punch at all, it just kinda fumbles along ....

please god Andy tell me this isnt what you did .... hahahah ...

FYI I am 99.9% sure this is unmixed / mastered ....lol

No ... Im not

Go listen tot he last Megadeth and testament albums, then A/B them to this. There is a muddiness in this mix that I don't like. I have nothing against the song or the playing its the mix I don't like.

As I said on the sneap forums 30 seconds ago. I am entitled to my opinion, if you don't like then I dunno what to tell you.

Will it prevent me from buying it? Hells no
Will it turn me off to Nevermore? Hell no

Afterall it is 10x better then the original EoR ....lol

I want to see if they have matured or what new influences they have now, not a remake of some terrible POE shit.

No ... Im not

Go listen tot he last Megadeth and testament albums, then A/B them to this. There is a muddiness in this mix that I don't like. I have nothing against the song or the playing its the mix I don't like.

As I said on the sneap forums 30 seconds ago. I am entitled to my opinion, if you don't like then I dunno what to tell you.

Will it prevent me from buying it? Hells no
Will it turn me off to Nevermore? Hell no

Afterall it is 10x better then the original EoR ....lol
Have you heard something we haven't or did you just comment a bootleg recording thinking it sounds just like the album? That's just stupid or perhaps you are a troll. Bootlegs always sound bad no matter how good the album itself sounds. If you referring to the bass and drums played through speakers while Jeff was playing then well it's that bootleg quality which makes those sound bad. And obviously it can't be final mix because there's no vocals on it. And we don't know yet whether those were just temporal background music or not.

If you referring to that short sample then you should know that Youtube compresses it a bit and you shouldn't wrote like you would have heard the whole song when you haven't. Just wait for the album before making judgments like that.

After listening to it all week, I'm already humming the riffs and memorizing the parts and that is a sign of a god song. I've also been trying to guess where WD's vocals might go and how they might sound, so it will be interesting when we finally get the final product (pun intended).

Have you heard something we haven't or did you just comment a bootleg recording thinking it sounds just like the album? That's just stupid or perhaps you are a troll. Bootlegs always sound bad no matter how good the album itself sounds. If you referring to the bass and drums played through speakers while Jeff was playing then well it's that bootleg quality which makes those sound bad. And obviously it can't be final mix because there's no vocals on it. And we don't know yet whether those were just temporal background music or not.

If you referring to that short sample then you should know that Youtube compresses it a bit and you shouldn't wrote like you would have heard the whole song when you haven't. Just wait for the album before making judgments like that.

No..

I am referring to the leaked MP3 of the title track from the album. So before you go pointing fingers and thinking "I don't know what the fuck I am talking about" you should do some research as to what I do and why I make the comments I do.

All you "fan bois" who have jumped on ship since "fruit of the loomis" jumped into "shred god" status need to just go the hell away.

:::dissolve::: (for dramatic effect)

There was a time before "fruit of the loomis" was famous. A time before his guitar had 7 strings, and a floyd rose, it was a happy place. It was a time when pizza didnt have okra on it.

There came along an old and wise man who spewed forth words of truth and substance, spitting in the face of all the great injustices in this world. It was this man who planted the seed, when he looked like a woman, when he hit pitches so high they shattered the very fabric of the universe.

Then along came a young boy and his guitar, together they would make great music. With the help of a few friends, one named after a "pedo-mobile" and one who tended to the "flock". They would create a sound none which had ever heard. This was the sound of the future of Metal.

Then along came along the 7 string guitar........

:::dissolve:::

Anyway, I have been a Nevermore fan longer then some of you have even been walking. Since the days when Jeff was actually in Sanctuary. I got into this band cause I am a WD Fan and have been since his Sanctuary days. This is not to say I am any better then you, but it does give me the freedom to say what I will about this band as I have so many times in the past.

You may not like it, in-fact you don't even have to read it. But as much as "the regulars" that were here before me hate to hear me say it. I have been a regular on this board for 5 years, and in those 5 years I have always been REAL about the quality of the music of this band, and my opinion of it.

Jeff is an awesome guitar player, and WD is probably my 2nd fave vocalist of all time (sorry man the fag from england beat you out ...lol). Van is a monster behind the kit, and how can you say a bad word about Jim. He is THE MOST MELODIC AND SOLID BASSIST TO EVER LIVE imho.

But .....

The songwriting on most of the stuff since DHIADW is just the same regurgitated LOW B infused mess.

Oh and to the putz who basically said POE sucked, you are obviously just another Loomis fanboi. Get with the program.

Hi Andy! Care for some whine? :D

1-30days-pour-wine-lg-63555269.jpg

so... it boils down to you don't like 7-strings/Low B tuning.... fair enough... but how does that make Jeff not a great player/writer? you may or may not like the register he's playing in, but that doesn't make it any less great.

Jeff really doesn't need me to defend him, so i won't... his playing and writing speaks for themelves.

but you guru, are a very silly man.:loco: