Official "Song of the Week" 2013 thread

While I thought the last Alice in Chains album was pretty good and did not tarnish the legacy, I am really enjoying the new one a lot more for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killer band from Switzerland. Ben from Sybreed used to be the singer, but I love the new guy too. The video says release date in fall of 2012, but it actually came out April of 2013.

Here's another really good band that often gets overlooked (something I've been guilty of with Dagoba too).

Dagoba - The Great Wonder

I can't put my finger on it, but something about that reminded me of Animosity era Sevendust. It was pretty fucking awesome! Definitely going to look these guys up.

Rising Dream - Confession

Melodic power metal from Croatia with a little melodeath vocals thrown in. Apparently the female singer is new, she replaces a mediocre male vocalist they had judging from their other vids. Being a looker (yeah I'm a shameless pig) is nice too. :Smokedev:

Rising Dream - Confession

Melodic power metal from Croatia with a little melodeath vocals thrown in. Apparently the female singer is new, she replaces a mediocre male vocalist they had judging from their other vids. Being a looker (yeah I'm a shameless pig) is nice too. :Smokedev:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkXtDAtVelk

That was really good. Her voice is very powerful, imo.

This thread is going to end up costing me a fortune.

I keep forgetting that the actual release date for this album was in 2013, since I picked it up at the fest last year.

IMO these guys don't get enough love.

I always prefered Ralf singing in this more polished style, like when he was in Gamma Ray. This song is a dead set catchy, melodic power metal masterpiece.

I stumbled across these guys while putzing around on eMusic. I like it. Nice and melodic and catchy as hell.

Cardiant - "Thought's Inception" off of Verge.