Official Statement about PAUL DIANNO Upcoming Tour

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
It is with deep regret that Intromental Worldwide announces that Paul Di'Anno and his management have decided to cancel the upcoming North American tour already scheduled and confirmed for this summer. Intromental was acting in the capacity of booking agents for the tour.

The cancellation is 100% beyond our control, and it comes after the majority of the tour was confirmed and announced. We're extremely dissatisfied with how things were handled by Paul Di'Anno and his management as we were given no explanation other than "Paul chooses not to do this tour". Given the history and previous cancellations, we are not entirely surprised.

This very untimely decision is affecting promoters, agents and the bands involved in the tour in many ways, including financially. We're very sorry about this turn of events and apologize to all fans, promoters and venues who supported our efforts in booking this tour.

Shame that Paul DiAnno (formerly of Iron Maiden) doesnt get to come to the us and talk shit about Iron Maiden, and how he doesn't need Iron Maiden, and how he's better than Iron Maiden, after he plays a bunch of songs made popular by Iron Maiden.

But seriously, sorry you had to go through this. I can imagine the ass-pain you have been dealing with...

It is with deep regret that Intromental Worldwide announces that Paul Di'Anno and his management have decided to cancel the upcoming North American tour already scheduled and confirmed for this summer. Intromental was acting in the capacity of booking agents for the tour.

The cancellation is 100% beyond our control, and it comes after the majority of the tour was confirmed and announced. We're extremely dissatisfied with how things were handled by Paul Di'Anno and his management as we were given no explanation other than "Paul chooses not to do this tour". Given the history and previous cancellations, we are not entirely surprised.

This very untimely decision is affecting promoters, agents and the bands involved in the tour in many ways, including financially. We're very sorry about this turn of events and apologize to all fans, promoters and venues who supported our efforts in booking this tour.

Very sorry for you guys who have to handle this. So, Paul did it again. I think it's not the first time that he bails out on a tour...Not too reliable. Shame on him.

I'm not going to weigh in on this tremendously, but I know how much work was put into this, and how heartbreaking it was for the other bands who were scheduled for this tour. That's the biggest travesty here. :(

No chance of salvaging this tour with the remaining bands? Some of us were attending in spite of Di'Anno, not because of him.

Scratch that. I already know the answer.

Fuck Paul Di'Anno.

Honestly, you should just find another band who wants to headline and keep it going. There is more interested in the undercard of this tour than DiAnno. I know lots of people were excited to see Cauldron / Icarus Witch / Widow more so than DiAnno. It sucks because I was just marking my calander for shows and I was really looking forward to this one.

Honestly, you should just find another band who wants to headline and keep it going. There is more interested in the undercard of this tour than DiAnno. I know lots of people were excited to see Cauldron / Icarus Witch / Widow more so than DiAnno. It sucks because I was just marking my calander for shows and I was really looking forward to this one.

This. I am sorry that Intromental got anally screwed by DiAnno without the benefit of a box of chocolates, but Diabolik is right. That tour is very salvageable. Why not give Borealis, Halcyon Way or Seven Kingdoms the headline spot, or mix it up with them? They would appreciate the hard work that you guys put in. So you might get 200-300 people at $15 a pop. At least they would put on the show of their lives every night. :headbang::headbang:

This. I am sorry that Intromental got anally screwed by DiAnno without the benefit of a box of chocolates, but Diabolik is right. That tour is very salvageable. Why not give Borealis, Halcyon Way or Seven Kingdoms the headline spot, or mix it up with them? They would appreciate the hard work that you guys put in. So you might get 200-300 people at $15 a pop. At least they would put on the show of their lives every night. :headbang::headbang:

I dont think the bands you mentioned are headlining caliber yet. Cauldron at this point are not. I saw them in Chicago on a saturday night in front of 30 people. The show was badly advertised but there are lots of bands who are headlining capable who may be interested. It is a shame to have all this hard work just go away. You should really search out and see if any band is willing to want to jump on this. Who knows...something really cool could happen and save the tour. I know it is just hopeful wishing but this blows beyond beleif.

They tried that with the Uniting the Powers of Metal tour, and I don't think the attendance was so hot. Di'Anno was easy, because they only had to bring one guy over. Icarus Witch was his backing band, and they were already here.

What about a band like Helstar or Vicious Rumors?

Thanks everyone.

Yes, this sucks. I am not going to lie when I say that I had my doubts before taking this one on. I am pretty pissed about it, especially considering that it's 3 months of work of mine that will go out the window. Sucks, but that's what happens when you choose to book a tour for someone who's known for being unreliable.

A lot of people don't realize that this situation has more effects than one would think. There are relationships between promoter-agent-band-venue (in a variety of different combinations) that become shaky once a cancellation like this happens. There are promoters that already started investing in prep/promotion for the tour, and they'll probably be out that money. As for Intromental, aside from the aforementioned months of work in the drain, we also had an awesome artist work on the tour poster/flyers/banners that are useless now. Venues still have some time to re-book those nights and make sure they make the money, but you can't be sure that will happen either. It really sucks for everyone involved. Paul Di'Anno may have already solidified his reputation (take that as you wish) so I'm not too sure he's too worried. I can't know for sure.

We have discussed which step to take on now. I still need to sit and talk to all other bands, who are EXTREMELY bummed about this. There's a chance we'll get the other three on the road, but this would probably be a smaller run, since as some know, these things cost a lot of money especially for smaller bands. The alternative headliner idea also crossed my mind, but it's easier said than done. I'll keep everyone updated in case anything changes. I know that Icarus Witch, Cauldron and Widow have a lot of respect for their fans and will make sure to do what they can to make something work.

Thanks again!

Another vote to keep the tour going, if this is possible. I would definitely attend the Chicago date, as I was (like others have mentioned) just going for Cauldron/Icarus Witch/Widow anyway.

The problem with keeping the tour on at this point is in finding a replacement headliner. Most of you would've left before Dianno anyway, but unfortunately he was the draw for most of the venues, and determined the size and prices that had been agreed on. You can't put the lineup that's left now in venue's the size we'd procured because it'd look empty, and everyone would lose money. There would have to be significant downgrades in venues which means RE-contacting venues and promoters with 3 bands that don't have a great draw that would pack a place.

Milton and I are bouncing ideas around on how he's going to go about it. However, because of financials, as the post said and unless you hear otherwise, consider that with Dianno bailing on the tour for whatever reason after he beat us to the punch in announcing it, IM had to pull the plug.

It's a blow, but it's not stopping IM from getting these bands out on a tour. That's the music business. Sometimes you have to deal with set backs.

I also keep my fingers crossed for saving the stay. It's a shame that there are people in this world unreliable word. But there are teams that would die of happiness being able to participate in this tour. Are you Paul for one appeal all?

I also would've been one of those leaving before Dianno, but I think Nailz hit it on the head. While a lot of people on the interwebs say they would've left before him, he unfortunately was the draw whether people want to believe it or not. I still would love for this tour to happen in some form though.