Circus Maximus USA statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circus Maximus - Statement regarding USA tour 2008

To all fans and friends in the states. We are sorry to say that we have to cancel the upcoming tour due to some major turn of events. The reason is that we have been offered to participate on a European tour as support for a bigger act. This is an opportunity that we can`t say no to. We hope you all understand our decision and that we will see you all on tour, hopefully in the near future.

We would also like to throw a BIG thank you to Glenn, Hoyt, Lars and Claus at Intromental who has been working their asses of for the last 6 months . Without them a USA tour wouldn`t even be possible . They even believed in the tour after Circle II Circle had to cancel and that is something that they should get a lot of credit for . Kudos to them!! They support and respect our decision and understand that this is a very important move for our career in Europe and a huge step for the band in general.
All the best,
Circus Maximus

Thanks for making a statement like this. I think it shows some respect to your US fans as well as those that tried to get you over here again. Although we are bummed out, I (for one) understand, but hope like hell you will be able to get your asses back here and rock us again as you have in the past. We really look forward to it!

Thanks for making a statement like this. I think it shows some respect to your US fans as well as those that tried to get you over here again. Although we are bummed out, I (for one) understand, but hope like hell you will be able to get your asses back here and rock us again as you have in the past. We really look forward to it!

Hi Gene ;-)

Thx for your kind words and yes hopefully another USA tour will be planned in the near future . Keeping our fingers crossed :)

Sorry that you guys can't make it, we were really going to throw out the red carpet in Houston, BBQ, party, and lots of friends there to support the show. Well, hopefully the tour will happen at a later date, people will be there to support you, and your music. Good luck on the tour with............ whoever it is, It's going to be a kick-ass tour no matter who it is you're supporting.

John

Circus Maximus - Statement regarding USA tour 2008

To all fans and friends in the states. We are sorry to say that we have to cancel the upcoming tour due to some major turn of events. The reason is that we have been offered to participate on a European tour as support for a bigger act. This is an opportunity that we can`t say no to. We hope you all understand our decision and that we will see you all on tour, hopefully in the near future.

We would also like to throw a BIG thank you to Glenn, Hoyt, Lars and Claus at Intromental who has been working their asses of for the last 6 months . Without them a USA tour wouldn`t even be possible . They even believed in the tour after Circle II Circle had to cancel and that is something that they should get a lot of credit for . Kudos to them!! They support and respect our decision and understand that this is a very important move for our career in Europe and a huge step for the band in general.
All the best,
Circus Maximus

Thanks Mike! Hope to see you guys stateside sooner, rather than later.
Good Luck with the tour, & kick some ass! :headbang::kickass:

Now, when are you guys going to show up and thank us for our patience in getting you over here???? ;)

Definitely going to miss this tour, but.....maybe you can play my b-day party....... *hinthinthint*

Who is this bigger band you will be supporting now in Europe?
Who could it be...Dream Theater...Rush...hmm
39.gif

Thanks for turning your back on the United States fans. Good luck I guess with your European tour so you can make the big time. And yes. You could have said no to it. F popularity. You want to say big love to Hoyt and Glenn. Well this is a finger in their face and all the effort they've done for you, if you ask me. Not that you were.

Lost my support. Plenty of good bands out there.

Thanks for turning your back on the United States fans. Good luck I guess with your European tour so you can make the big time. And yes. You could have said no to it. F popularity. You want to say big love to Hoyt and Glenn. Well this is a finger in their face and all the effort they've done for you, if you ask me. Not that you were.

True, but you also have to remember that this is their job. They could come to the US and lose money or open for a huge band in Europe, which would increase their popularity and allow them to have a more prosperous tour in the US which would benefit Glenn, Hoyt, Intromental, the band, and everyone involved even more. Remember, most people who would be coming to these US shows are already fans of the band, but I'm sure they will gain many new fans on this upcoming tour, which is better for them in the long run. Although I'm dissapointed I can't say that I blame them.

That was slightly uncalled for Scott, but you are entitled to your opinion. I do agree with Brian in that is a business and they have to make money.

True, but you also have to remember that this is their job. They could come to the US and lose money or open for a huge band in Europe, which would increase their popularity and allow them to have a more prosperous tour in the US which would benefit Glenn, Hoyt, Intromental, the band, and everyone involved even more. Remember, most people who would be coming to these US shows are already fans of the band, but I'm sure they will gain many new fans on this upcoming tour, which is better for them in the long run. Although I'm dissapointed I can't say that I blame them.

Just goes to show what they are as business men. Most likely they'll be getting booed off the stage, shit thrown at them or generally ignored, because people there will be waiting for this 'big headliner.' See almost every show. Maybe not. Maybe they'll make a lot of new fans.

But they had a big opportunity here. Ya know, some of the same crowd that listened to this band when they were nobodies. But now due to that crowd they are getting more opportunities. And they turn their back.

And I don't recall a band opening for a big band in Europe ever really making money ont hat tour. Sure, always possibilities in the future.

As for 'this is a business.' Fuck it. I don't give a damn. I listen to the music. If they want to produce a music career that is 'good business,' then fine. But why should I listen to it, or accept it as okay? Watch their music suffer even more for this 'business.' They'll probably really go even more AOR on the next album going 'metal fans who?'

And if its their 'job' then they should be living on the streets in a box, because that's about as well as their album sales. They must have other real jobs to actually do their music. If they want music to pay for itself, its not happening in metal these days. So they might as well leave the genre all together.

But they had a big opportunity here. Ya know, some of the same crowd that listened to this band when they were nobodies. But now due to that crowd they are getting more opportunities. And they turn their back.

And I don't recall a band opening for a big band in Europe ever really making money ont hat tour. Sure, always possibilities in the future.
Right, but who would they be playing to here? People who already own the album and support the band. On this European tour, they have the potential to make many new fans which will lead to more tour opportunities, album sales, etc. They won't be making enough money from the tour to be featured on MTV's Cribs any time soon, but the opportunities that come to them as musicians are probably greater for this tour than a North American tour.

I'm not trying to justify their decision but instead see why they made it. Of course I don't know every single detail, but their decision was made in the best interest of the band.

Hey Mike... if Circle II Circle hadn't dropped off the tour, do you think you guys would still be coming over as a support act? Or would you still be taking this other opportunity instead?

I don't know if it's relevant or not... just curious.

Just goes to show what they are as business men. Most likely they'll be getting booed off the stage, shit thrown at them or generally ignored, because people there will be waiting for this 'big headliner.' See almost every show. Maybe not. Maybe they'll make a lot of new fans.

As for 'this is a business.' Fuck it. I don't give a damn. I listen to the music. If they want to produce a music career that is 'good business,' then fine. But why should I listen to it, or accept it as okay? Watch their music suffer even more for this 'business.' They'll probably really go even more AOR on the next album going 'metal fans who?'

And if its their 'job' then they should be living on the streets in a box, because that's about as well as their album sales. They must have other real jobs to actually do their music. If they want music to pay for itself, its not happening in metal these days. So they might as well leave the genre all together.

Wow. I can understand being disappointed in the most recent turn of events, I mean, I'm disappointed too, but your responses are pretty harsh, dude.....
Just MHFO.....

I pretty much had a front row seat to see the amount of work put into this and I can't say I'm exactly pleased with the decision made by CM to cancel the tour considering how much planning had gone through and already been confirmed. I just hope CM made the right decision based on the future of the band, because often times respect and loyalty is harder to gain/maintain than new fans. For the record, that isn't me being an ass, that's just common sense. (Just look at Nevermore for example. even though I friggin love me some Nevermore.)

Good Luck on the pending European tour guys, I hope its worth it for ya and I'm sure we'll be watching out for a states visit sometime within the next few years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.