Circus Maximus keyboardist leaves the band

Mats Haugen

New Metal Member
Jan 13, 2004
Here's an update from both the band and keyboardist Espen, who sadly has chosen to leave Circus Maximus ...

Circus Maximus:
“After 5 years, Espen has decided to leave the band due to personal reasons. After much consideration we also think that this is the right decicion by him and for the sake of the band. We wish him the best of luck with everything in the future. Circus Maximus is of course still alive and well and as of this moment the band is writing new asskicking stuff for all you metal heads out there. At the moment we’re trying out a new very skilled guy – but we need to see how he will function with us on the songwriting etc. We will keep you posted when we have found a definite replacement for Espen".

And then the statement from Espen

Espen:
“After thinking about this for a long long time I have decided to leave the band. It was a tough decision, but I feel this is the right thing to do right now. I've had a great time paying in CM, up until a while ago. I just want to say that I still look at the other guys as my buddies, and no one is mad at eachother. I wish Circus Maximus a great future, and I know that they will still make great music. Big thanks to everyone for your support!”

Well, that sucks. Now the prog haters are really going to call them Dream Theater clones.