CIRCUS MAXIMUS: Havoc

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Norwegian Progressive Metallers CIRCUS MAXIMUS Return With 'Havoc'

"...Frontiers Music Srl is excited to announce all details of “Havoc”, the eagerly anticipated new album from Circus Maximus, due for release on March 18, 2016.

“Havoc” is Circus Maximus’ highly anticipated fourth studio album and one that will certainly make a huge impact on the Progressive Metal scene. The band’s musical formula is not easy to pull off. Take jaw dropping musicianship, singer Michael Eriksen with a voice from the heavens and put it together with hooks, anthemic melodies, and enough groove and heavy riffing to satisfy any prog metal fan, and you’ve got the Circus Maximus sound.

The theme on this new album is about moments and experiences in life that lead to love and hate.” says guitarist and producer Mats Haugen.Metaphorically, it's about succumbing to fire and striving to cope with the aftermath of decisions when overshadowed by the love we have for others and ourselves.”

Musically the band offers the usual mixture of very heavy moments intertwined with extremely accessible melodies. Songs like “Pages”, the opener “The Weight”, “After the Fire“ and “Remember” show the full range of the Circus Maximus sound. Still, the album has very heavy songs (“Havoc”) and slow and melodic moments (“Loved Ones”) too.

The band is set to tour heavily in support of this new release with shows in Europe, US (they are already confirmed for the ProgPower Festival) and more territories to come.

The re-defining sound, the songwriting and the clever production, highlights the band as one of the leading, original Progressive-Metal bands around. It’s early yet, but “Havoc” is an absolute contender for Top Album of 2016, transcending the boundaries and subgenres of Hard, Progressive and Metal music. It`s just THAT good – enjoy!..."

circusmaximus-havok.jpg

can't believe our resident leader, Glenn, hasn't started talking about this album yet! LOL

Not Bad... doesn't initially knock me out the way "Alive", "Wither", or "Reach Within" did but I still will buy this as soon as it's out based on the quality of their previous three!

My thoughts exactly. Not bad, but doesn't meet my lofty expectations. Love the guitar solo! I'm sure the album will kick ass though. One of my most anticipated albums of the year.

My thoughts exactly. Not bad, but doesn't meet my lofty expectations. Love the guitar solo! I'm sure the album will kick ass though. One of my most anticipated albums of the year.

My thoughts exactly! I listened with maybe a touch of disappointment until the guitar solo kicked in. Still highly anticipating this though.

Sounds like a typical Frontiers production. I think these guys need a new label. This one is not doing them any favors. Oh its definitely pristine but that's kinda the problem. There's no sense of urgency. It just felt...iono. Too relaxed I guess. I can't say it's not prog as there are definitely some oddball meters in there. But I can say it's not metal. There was nothing metal about that. The smooth jazz equivalent of progressive rock.

Yikes! While I hope maybe this song grows on me, my first impression is that it is pretty terrible. From the Marilyn Manson sounding vocals to the super cringe worthy lyrics. Given how much I loved Nine, I have high hopes for this album.

Yeah wtf to the vocal distortion. I feel the same way when Nils does it. You're making your voice sound worse!

This one doesn't do much for me.