Official wrestling thread (for fans only)

Hell yes, I was there!

In fact, if you have Raw on TiVo or anything like that, look in the crowd for a guy wearing a huge orange wig. That's my buddy that went with me! He managed to crack a smile out of Triple H and got hi-fived by King Lawler himself. This was my 8th wrestling event that I've been to, and so far, the best. Before the show, we got to meet Carlito, he was "cool". And on Saturday, Bret Hart was doing an autograph signing here in town so I got to meet him for the second time. It was a f*ckin' awesome week to be a wrestling fan in Bako, that's for sure.

Pictures to come soon, after I get back from Fish.

I used to be a big wrestling fan during the Hulkamania days. The first WrestleMania I saw was the third one in 1987, which my family saw through closed-circuit TV at the Universal Amphitheater. Through the years, I followed what was then WWF (before the pandas sued them for the acronym), along with WCW and some of ECW (whenever it was available). Also got hooked on FMW when Tokyopop released DVDs of their shows.

I've met a few wrestlers in person while I was still living in L.A. Years ago, Rob Van Dam owned a comic book shop at the Lakewood Mall. Every month, he had a WWE Superstar make a guest appearance for autograph signing. I got to meet not only RVD, but also Lisa Moretti (known then as Ivory), Amy Dumas (known then as Lita) and Al Snow at the store. Also, at the San Diego Comic Con, I met Diamond Dallas Page.

In 2005, at RVD's comic book shop, I shook hands with Chris Benoit, and he autographed my copy of his Hard Knocks DVD. In an era where wrestling became a soap opera, Benoit was practically the only active wrestler I had the most respect for.

Sadly, Benoit was also the reason I gave up on wrestling altogether. :(

I've met a few wrestlers in person while I was still living in L.A. Years ago, Rob Van Dam owned a comic book shop at the Lakewood Mall.

Yeah, I used to live a few cities away from Lakewood, and only after I moved away did I find out that RVD (one of my favorite wrestlers of all-time) owned the place.

I would love to meet Ivory, she's my favorite female wrestler of all time.

Sadly, Benoit was also the reason I gave up on wrestling altogether.

Yeah, it hasn't been quite the same now that he and Eddie are gone. :(

Oh, and because I promised, here are the pictures from my last meeting with Bret Hart.
http://www.pixlode.com/upload/575b_BretHartmeet01.JPG
http://www.pixlode.com/upload/dd79_BretHartmeet02.JPG
http://www.pixlode.com/upload/2ad9_Bretsign.JPG

Enjoy!

Yeah, and there's going to be a live event here in Bako on July 1st, but thanks to the Governator sucking everyone dry in Cali, I don't have the money to go. :(

Yeah, I used to live a few cities away from Lakewood, and only after I moved away did I find out that RVD (one of my favorite wrestlers of all-time) owned the place.

I would love to meet Ivory, she's my favorite female wrestler of all time.

Lisa is surprisingly very sweet. She's the type who wants to talk to everyone around her. Al Snow is also cool in person.

RVD's a pretty cool guy, but on the night I met him at the store, he was obviously not in a good mood. But then again, why wouldn't he if he had to drop the I-C title to that punk Randy Orton on Sunday and then job on the next RAW?

Yeah, it hasn't been quite the same now that he and Eddie are gone. :(

I carried on after Eddie passed away, because that's what he wanted for the fans. Benoit, on the other hand, was a different story.

You met Bret? Damn, you're lucky.

If there were only two wrestlers I want to meet today, it would be Tajiri and Hayabusa.

Lisa is surprisingly very sweet. She's the type who wants to talk to everyone around her. Al Snow is also cool in person.

RVD's a pretty cool guy, but on the night I met him at the store, he was obviously not in a good mood. But then again, why wouldn't he if he had to drop the I-C title to that punk Randy Orton on Sunday and then job on the next RAW?

Yeah, true. :lol:

I carried on after Eddie passed away, because that's what he wanted for the fans. Benoit, on the other hand, was a different story.

Oh yeah, definitely. I mean, as someone who met him too, I can certainly understand how you feel/felt.

You met Bret? Damn, you're lucky.

I met him TWICE! In '06 and '08. I need to upload the '06 pictures. He is the best.