Offtopic: swedish metal

cenzu

Ain't that a bitch.
Nov 13, 2001
Finland
www.cenzu.com
A bit offtopic, but because this forum is populated with lovely swedish neighbours and former lords of finland I thought of seeking assitance here. :Smokin:

anyway, I'm not thinking of in flames and opeth and the likes now, but metal music that is actually sung in swedish.
The only bands like this I know of is Otyg, Lillasyster (ex LOK), the swedish fiolk songs by Falconer and of course Dag Swanö ;)

PS. almost forgot our very own Finntroll

anyone who can help, as I want my daughter to hear some good music in swedish as well... not only english and finnish and whatnot.

thanks guys!

:worship:

The main one that comes to mind for me is VINTERSORG. I think the newer albums are in English, but the early albums are in Swedish.

cool thanks...

if I'm not wrong a lot of these bands are growling (or screaming gurgling etc.) any bands with clean vox :D
and it could also be hard rock r prog or somthing. as long as it's good :D

If you can find them, Råg i Ryggen is a must!!!
Brilliant progressive hard rock from the 70's. Music is great and lyrics are funny. Unfortunately they only released one album.

If you have problem finding them, send me a pm me and I'll work my magic. ;)

Abramis Brama are mostly in swedish. They play hard rock with some stoner/progressive influences... or something like that. One of their albums (Mamma talar) is also recorded with english lyrics (although the lyrical content is completely different from the swedish ones).

Earthbound:
thanks for the tip. I actually found it and downloaded it... but as a bonus I found that www.recordheaven.net has it reissued, so I bought it as well.
Russel:
Tack för tipset, hoppades på att du skulle komma med något.
I really need to check out that when I get back home.

Dan Swanö;8503457 said:
don´t forget GHOST ;) and ORIGINAL!!!
:)=

of course we cannot forget them. :saint:
Dan, any chance of getting them from you? :worship:

cool thanks...

if I'm not wrong a lot of these bands are growling (or screaming gurgling etc.) any bands with clean vox :D
and it could also be hard rock r prog or somthing. as long as it's good :D

VINTERSORG has a lot of clean vocal

His latest album, Solens Rötter, is all in swedish. And great as well!

That's good to hear. I like it better when musicians just sing in their native language, I think a lot of meaning can be lost in translation. In Flames always makes me laugh, the lyrics, even now. Unlistenable

Fuck... those are both rather expensive to order for Finland.
I'll need to check them out, what they are like...

nothing more...underground? :D

Close Up is worth it. At least the issues where they have interviews with people/bands that you're interested in. They don't ask the normal questions that everybody else asks, but ask more interesting questions, so that you actually feel that you get to know the person getting interviewed.

I actually translated a Close Up interview with Mikael Åkerfeldt on the Opeth board a while ago. Feel free to read it. I translated it in sections, so the whole interview is spread out over many pages. Check it out and then tell me it's not worth the money. ;)

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth-archived/394096-opeth-gets-massive-12-page-spread-new-issue-close-up-magazine.html

EDIT: The translations are found on pages 4 - 7.