*** Ognedal - Scavenger *** Thrash Metal

complex

Jan 14, 2009
Hey folks.

It's been a long time since i visited this forum. I've been busy (yeah, it's hard not being a professional musician :)

Lately i've found some time to make music again, and i guess this is the result.

I guess you can call this a thrash metal song.

I'll just repeat what i've said earlier:

If you like the song, please respond
If you hate the song, please respond
If you have any suggestion to how to improve the mix, please respond

And finally, if you think you can contribute to ANYTHING in this song, please respond.

If you think you have a good metal/rock voice and like to write lyrics please contact me, i would
love to collaborate on this song.

It seems to be very hard to find anyone at all. Don't be shy people!

Anyway, the song is called Scavenger and can be found here:

www.soundclick.com/ognedal

Cheers!

Very metallica'ish even if you hate me for that comment, It still sounds very much like ride the lightning style stuff

-Guitars sound pretty cool
-kick is a little dull
-overall the balance is quite nice
-I like the snare

what amp are you using for the guitars?

Cool track man, huge fan of old school thrash. I would try adding a little bit more hi-end on your kick and rolling off some low end. Other than that it sounds a lot like a old school thrash mix should. Nice.

Racy: Thank you for commenting. You're not the first one to compare the style to Metallica. And for me, thats a big compliment.

I'll try to do something about the kick. Maybe its a little dull and "muddy".

The drums are a modified kit from Addictive Drums.

4 tracks of guitar (2 doubled with a little delay), and it's actually from Amplitube, with heavy equing and modifying.

Astacy2: Thanks man. I think you are on to something about the kick drum. I'll try to do something about that.