OH THE IRONY -- pro-weed folks will love this one

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
So smoking nicotine and regular ciggies causes lung cancer, right?

The cure? Smoking marijuana.

Yeah, the THC in hemp has been reducing the size of lung cancer tumours in mice. It's also been prolonging life too. Apparently the results have been pretty significant, and certainly enough for medical science to invest heavilly in further testing and calling for more relaxed laws about prescribing this weed to hospital patients.

:Smokin:

There still remains the following issue:

Whether you're too much of a burnout to admit it or not, at least SOME of the carcinogens which cause lung cancer and other cancers related to smoking are created from incomplete combustion of any substance (including cannabis).

If this research turns out to be verifiable in humans, cool. Won't really change the way I live my life.

yeah but if you eat it or vaporize it, you have literally eliminated any negative health effects. no one seems to ever mention this...

The THC molecule helps against cancer, perhaps that is true, but smoking remains very unhealthy for your lungs. My roommate smokes pot everyday, and every morning when he wakes up he coughs like he's about to die.

yeah but if you eat it or vaporizer it, you have literally eliminated any negative health effects. no one seems to ever mention this...

I'm either too lazy, too cheap or too something-else to bother with these things. I really should though. You got any good recipes for me as far as cooking with it?

Yes, to be fair, I only mentioned smoking the weed to further point out the irony....but yes, the "active ingredients" are in the attributes of the THC so you just need to digest it one way or another.

People who don't smoke still go to Amsterdam and partake in the cannabis entertainment. They simply eat cakes.

I'm either too lazy, too cheap or too something-else to bother with these things. I really should though. You got any good recipes for me as far as cooking with it?

make any sort of cake or what have you and just throw in a 1/2 - 1 ounce of finely ground and manicured bud. that's the easiest possible way. if you want a single serving kind of thing, just grind and manicure like a gram of high quality stuff and put it inbetween two crackers slathered with peanut butter. put her in the oven for 15 minutes at like 320 degrees (F).

think about it. if you eat it, you're getting EVERYTHING out of the plant. when you smoke, there's something left at the end. there's still active ingredients in the ash, the smoke that you lose while it is on fire, and the smoke that you push out of your lungs. all of this stuff that's left behind makes the high a lot different, and you'll realize it when you eat it. the high is much better.

What do we mean when we say 'manicure' here? I have never heard that one before. I'd love to try some of this baking stuff. It's only natural to me considering that I absolutely LOVE to bake as it is.

when you guys smoke it, do you mix it with cigarette tobacco, or do you smoke it pure?

my friend Amy who I smoke with all the time likes to mix tobacco in. When I suggested this to Doomcifer on sunday as we rolled one up in the hotel room, his reaction was something akin to "why the fuck would you do that?"

i think its kinda fun.

What do we mean when we say 'manicure' here? I have never heard that one before. I'd love to try some of this baking stuff. It's only natural to me considering that I absolutely LOVE to bake as it is.

manicure as in remove the seeds, stems, and basically the things that won't get you high (or taste good). there's nothing worse than biting into a batch that's full of nasty stems and seeds. god damn i hate seeds in my food.

JayKeeley said:
when you guys smoke it, do you mix it with cigarette tobacco, or do you smoke it pure?

now why would yo want to ruin the fine taste of marijuana? different folks, different strokes... whatever. i would personally never do that, but all of the brits I talked to in europe said that this is their preferred method. funnay!

I remember reading about this little factoid some months back.

I also remember the dude in Indonesia who ran his car off bacon grease.

Bot conveniently rarely mentioned. :)

either way. i smoke from glass a lot of the time and in that case it's of course just sticky greenz, but yeah i do find a good spliff highly enjoyable, i use some high-quality tobacco i get from a tobbacconist. what a great word, tobacconist.

Don't you HAVE to mix with tobacco if you're smoking a hash resin joint?

yeah, or use another way to smoke it. a hot knife, certain pipes made for resin, etc. i used to get these blocks of kif at school that you should just shave off into cigarettes. it was fantastic.

See, that's why I think most Brits mix with 'baccy because for a long time, the only stuff you could get was resin.

Plus mixing weed with it makes it go a long way, and British folks are generally quite cheap. And pasty.