OK after a long time I took the plunge and I am liking it

Chances are that it will happen soon. I might go to the recordstore tomorrow and get me some cds'. I shoukld have got it today :loco:

Thanks buddy

Hawk said:
Thanks to 6 Bryant and Fangface I listend some Tad Morose and wadda ya know? ;) Its getting better al the time :D

Welcome Hawk, my friend. If Fang and I keep up this recruiting, Urban and the boys are going to have to put us on their payroll. :loco:

Bryant

Urban breed said:
Well, keep it up, ...and do remember to say hi at Prog Power, ok? I'll be looking for you but I guess you'll find me first.
I think I will recognize you and I certainly will talk to you guys. I think you and the rest of TM will enjoy the festival as much as the fans as well. That whole small section of Atlanta will be full of metal fans and it's a big party atmosphere, but a mature party atmosphere as the average age of the Prog Power attendee is about 32.

Bryant

Well, they can. but that does not mean that they will do it. I've been to headway for two years and the crowd there is also older. And boy, it is noticealbe [is this a valid english word :)].

It is definatly true that the people at prog-festivals are more layback.

Gaunerin said:
as if 32 year olds could not behave immature ;)

Oh I was prime example of that at PPII. I am a beer drinker and I know when to slow down, but I made the mistake of drinking some mixed drinks on the Friday night show along with beer. I was sooooo drunk by the end of the show. I should have known better, but I really don't drink liquor enough to know when it's time to slow down even at 32 (back then that was my age.) I won't make that mistake again though. I stick with my beer after that. Don't get me wrong...... I am not embarassed as humility is not one of my strong points, but the fact I don't remember the last part of the show pisses me off.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Oh I was prime example of that at PPII. I am a beer drinker and I know when to slow down, but I made the mistake of drinking some mixed drinks on the Friday night show along with beer. I was sooooo drunk by the end of the show. I should have known better, but I really don't drink liquor enough to know when it's time to slow down even at 32 (back then that was my age.) I won't make that mistake again though. I stick with my beer after that. Don't get me wrong...... I am not embarassed as humility is not one of my strong points, but the fact I don't remember the last part of the show pisses me off.

Bryant
:lol:

Hawk said:
Well, they can. but that does not mean that they will do it. I've been to headway for two years and the crowd there is also older. And boy, it is noticealbe [is this a valid english word :)].

It is definatly true that the people at prog-festivals are more layback.

Noticeable is a good English word there Hawk. In fact, though I am a decent speller, I had to think to myself if it had the "e" in it or not.

In America, there are very few or no fights at the classic metal or prog metal shows. I really feel at home at those type of shows. I think when you have stuck with metal long enough to be in your 30's you really feel like the other fans are almost like family. Not to say age is THE determining factor. Fang and especially Wicked Child can attest to that.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Noticeable is a good English word there Hawk. In fact, though I am a decent speller, I had to think to myself if it had the "e" in it or not.
I was not quite sure. So you see it's a good thing to experiment :lol:

Bryant said:
In America, there are very few or no fights at the classic metal or prog metal shows. I really feel at home at those type of shows. I think when you have stuck with metal long enough to be in your 30's you really feel like the other fans are almost like family. Not to say age is THE determining factor. Fang and especially Wicked Child can attest to that.

Bryant
Yea I like those show too. Like I said Headway is very releaxt. At regular shows or festival you see to much of those wannabee's that feel they have to prove their metalness to everyone in sight. Very tiresome I can tell you :erk:

Yeah I've met metal-heads from anywhere in middle age to children so young their ages aren't even in the double digits yet! :D

Bryant said:
I think when you have stuck with metal long enough to be in your 30's you really feel like the other fans are almost like family. Not to say age is THE determining factor. Fang and especially Wicked Child can attest to that.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I think I will recognize you and I certainly will talk to you guys. I think you and the rest of TM will enjoy the festival as much as the fans as well. That whole small section of Atlanta will be full of metal fans and it's a big party atmosphere, but a mature party atmosphere as the average age of the Prog Power attendee is about 32.

Bryant

I'm far from 32. I'm was the youngest person at Progpower last year. :headbang:

dargormudshark said:
I'm far from 32. I'm was the youngest person at Progpower last year. :headbang:

Were you the guy there with his parents ? :headbang: The young guy looked right in place, but Mom and Pops I don't think had a very good time. Very cool for them to take him though.......

Bryant