Ok....anyone remember the problem I was having....

Executioner213

Ultimate Meatbag
Sep 2, 2001
Spokane, WA
www.facebook.com
Anyone remember the problem I was having with the weird high-mid buzz going on with my mix? Ok, I've been screwing around with different mic placement, different board, no board EQ, all kinds of crazy stuff....when I noticed after spending more time with it that that buzzy noise I'm getting isn't digital, neccessarily....so I have a handful of new questions about all of this.

One problem that arises is that I'm not getting a hot enough level to track, and it seems when I boost the volume on the computer, it doesn't have any presence or any balls really. My amp isn't completely cranked, but it's not quiet either. When I boost the volume or channel gain on the board, I start getting that grindiness. The only way I can think of getting an appropriate volume is if I do an aux send to another board and use the second board as a type of volume itself. Any input on that? (before asking, I don't have a dedicated high dollar preamp)

Another question is should I leave the EQ on the board flat and do all my EQ'ing from the comp?

Also, anyone else ever own/use a TriAxis here and get a lot of buzz out of it? I have always had problems with it being a bit noisy, and employ an Boss NS-2 a lot.

I'll post a clip of my results soon enough.

Sounds like you need a good mic pre. dude.

Either that or a proper deck with better built in mic pres.

I would not recommend going to the ghetto extreme of sending an aux to yet another deck.

Executioner213 said:
Also, anyone else ever own/use a TriAxis here and get a lot of buzz out of it? I have always had problems with it being a bit noisy, and employ an Boss NS-2 a lot.

I just saw the thread on bad tubes....anyone think this might be my problem? One of my preamp tubes makes noise after testing it the way Andy mentioned.