Ok guys, give Trivium a chance

Ehhh, they are okay i guess but I will not buy any of their stuff. They know alot about metal but Matt heafy proclaimed themselves the savor of metal and well since it never went away I cant buy into it.

nothing against them at all-i actually really liked a few of the songs from the last album,particularly pull harder on the strings of your martyr,but i've listened to some of the new songs,and to be honest,i dont think they are very well written-i preferred the previous album to this one.i'm ok with his vocal style on either,just thought the last one had better choruses on it,more memorable songs.

I've only listened to the instrumental all the way through, out of curiosity, so I'll comment on that. I've only heard little clips of the other ones.

Honestly, it was laughable to me. It wasn't a song, it was a nine minute collection of riffs. There was no structure or anything. No dynamics, no neat unpredictable changes, nothing to really distinguish the song from a jamming session, IMO. I guess I do have a bias against Trivium for the shit they'd released prior to this, but I did not like this song.