Ok, I'll eat my words...

Neuntoter

New Metal Member
May 8, 2003
Sweden
I havent appreciated a Katatonia release after BMD to be perfectly honest. What Katatonia wanted to do with the band after that release was entirely they're own decision and I wasnt one of these people who bitched and moaned about it. All previous releases were something fucking special. Guess this was the generation of "black metal" bands I grew up with from about 91-97. But i just downloaded the MP3 from the new release, with a little suspicion mind you, and it sounded excellent! Really looking forward to hearing this record!

For those in the know: is this Mp3 a pretty good indication of the rest of the record? Sounds as close as we're gonna get to the "old" katatonia sound but still in keeping with their progression....

oh..and the left Hand Path band pic kills!hah :)

Was thinkng the same Left Hand Path remark. And didn't also Carcass took such a picture? Nevermind anyway.

I haven't heard the new album, but Katatonia is one of the few bands whose new and old style both are superb. I think they still sound special and original since Discouraged Ones.

I can't say much here, but if I listened to DODS yesterday and suddenly felt the new album was much at home with that album in terms of the flow of the sound

If you liked the older Katatonia stuff then .. judging by the new song and a little bit more ;), youre going to love this

It sounds to me that people are just trying to connect the new release with the older Katatonia sound...I feel with every album they get further and further away from that sound (of course I've only heard My Twin...but where do you hear more BMD in this song than any other song from Viva Emptiness?). I doubt they'll ever completely lose their guitar tone or a lot of the atmosphere but other than that...meh...I don't see the connection so many people are making.