OK, late to the party, I know, but Cynic is INCREDIBLE!

" Originally Posted by Frodo's Bulk View Post
lol decent slam but at the end of the day I'm the 35-year old virgin who lives in his mom's basement and watches Lord of the Rings all day.

fixed."

Nope that's me!

I got my copy of Traced In Air at the Opeth show yesterday and I like it so far, some great riffs and cool vocal melodies. First off I hated the vocal effects but after a while I started to like them.

I don't get you megamoose, half your posts are sarcastic and un-naive, but the other half are stupid dork comments in response to the sarcastic, un-naive posts of others

the "un-naive" people are as retarded and closed minded as the naive idiotic scum that run rampant across this forum. i feel like they deserve to be called out too. but who's to say i'm any less retarded and closed minded than anyone else? remember, this is the internet. everyone who posts on the internet is pretty much a moron.

I got my copy of Traced In Air at the Opeth show yesterday and I like it so far, some great riffs and cool vocal melodies. First off I hated the vocal effects but after a while I started to like them.

Finally someone returned to the actual subject.

Whatever you may think about "Traced in Air", I think it's cool that Cynic is back together. Hopefully it won't take another 15 years for the next album to be made.

the "un-naive" people are as retarded and closed minded as the naive idiotic scum that run rampant across this forum. i feel like they deserve to be called out too. but who's to say i'm any less retarded and closed minded than anyone else? remember, this is the internet. everyone who posts on the internet is pretty much a moron.

no one's saying you're not retarded, rest assured, and that's all probably true to an extent but being naive is absolutely more retarded than not being naive

yeah but there's absolutely nothing naive about liking death metal more than any other kind of music. maybe it's somewhat retarded, but not necessarily naive. people can like what they like. good lord.

lol I didn't say that liking death metal made anyone naive. suggesting dream theater in the 'piano music' thread is naive, suggesting katatonia in the 'stuff like damnation' thread is naive, putting debussy and rachmaninoff in the 'music you like but shouldn't' thread is naive etc

as i recall you said opeth isn't your favorite band because "death metal isn't very important in the grand scheme of things." that's pure retardation to think that's a good reason. and it sure does suggest that liking death metal makes you naive.

liking death metal enough to call a death metal band the best ever/your favorite ever makes you either naive (if you're young and don't know any better) or a loser (if you're an adult and should know better). it would serve the former group well to branch out, the sooner the better, lest they become the latter group

i agree that there is plenty of music out there better than death metal, but there's no reason to care if other people like it that much. this is an opeth board for christ's sake, and i bet most other metal boards are worse offenders than this place when it comes to only liking death metal.

lol I don't actually care. worst case I irritate a bunch of witless fanboys, and best case one of them figures out that listening to Ayreon is stupid. it's a win win with minimal effort

liking death metal enough to call a death metal band the best ever/your favorite ever makes you either naive (if you're young and don't know any better) or a loser (if you're an adult and should know better). it would serve the former group well to branch out, the sooner the better, lest they become the latter group

you're pretty dumb lol

Only retards listen to death metal. Only retards listen to black metal. Only retards listen to Opeth. The opinion of absolutely everyone in this thread is wrong(including mine).

Thread ended+closed.