OK, so I finally started a new band!

After 10 years with THE STORYTELLER, 4 full length albums, and touring with Helloween and Gamma Ray (among others), I finally have put a new band together! I've decided to call it KRYPTILLUSION which is somewhat cheesy, but it has a nostalgic value for me since I once had a band called Cryptic Illusion... so I morphed the words together, and replaced the C with a K (idea stolen from Krusty the Klown of The Simpsons), and ended up with KRYPTILLUSION. Feel free to hate it if you want to... several people already do. :saint:

The line-up of the band is:

Fredrik Groth (that's me, from The Storyteller) - guitars & bass
Mike Wead (King Diamond, Mercyful Fate) - lead guitars
Stefan Westerberg (Carnal Forge, Asperity) - drums
Kristofer Nilsson (Undivine) - vocals

If you're interested, you can listen to our first pre-production demo. Visit the website and click MP3 in the menu.

Haven't kept up with the news, why did you break apart?

We grew tired of the endless row of shitty gigs, and the general lack of interest for the band. I think we were at our peak in 2002, when there still was a huge (and growing) market for melodic power metal bands. Those days are gone, and will never come back. I still like the music, and I'm proud of what we once achieved, but right now I'd like to try something new!

ok, cool :)
I remember a gig here in Uppsala, Fellini some years ago. I think you had this guy from uppsala playing with you then. Can't remember wich role he played though.

EDIT: Just listened to that track of yours. Sound killer!

ok, cool :)
I remember a gig here in Uppsala, Fellini some years ago. I think you had this guy from uppsala playing with you then. Can't remember wich role he played though.

Yeah, the Fellini gig... it was in 1999 or 2000 I think. I wore a light-green shirt because of a stupid bet with someone. Erik Gornostajev from Uppsala played with us back then, but he left the band right before we started the recording of our second album. Haven't heard from him since.

Just listened to that track of yours. Sound killer!

Thanks man! :)

If that is not power metal, what is it???

Does not sound like powermetal to me at all. Sounds trashy/modern and swedish to me. Very cool. I like it much much more than Storyteller.

I like the guitar sounds very much. Amp, Cab, Mic and how many rythm tracks?

Nice solos as well!:headbang:

Does not sound like powermetal to me at all. Sounds trashy/modern and swedish to me. Very cool. I like it much much more than Storyteller.

I like the guitar sounds very much. Amp, Cab, Mic and how many rythm tracks?

Nice solos as well!:headbang:

Glad you like it! :) Guitars are the mighty ol' PODxt, but I can't recall the exact settings right now. Two tracks of Diamondplate and two tracks of Big Bottom I think. And the Threadplate cab with SM57. I might have used on axis for the first pair, and off axis for the second pair, but I can't really remember. I'm not a "patch" kind of guy, I always start from scratch and tweak 'til I get what I want.

We will start tracking vocals in about 3 hours by the way; WOHOO! :headbang:

did carnal forge split apart?

good luck with the new band

*edit* i couldnt find the song in the site