OK, so I finally started a new band!

Ålrajt my friends... If anyone's interested; tomorrow we will have a new mix up on the site, with Mike Wead's solo instead of mine. Goodie. :)

Mr. Wead really is an EXCELLENT guitar player... I feel kinda like a blind, one legged donkey when I listen to his stuff. His leads are really smooth and have this certain "flow" even when he's playing really fast. You can also tell by his vibrato alone that he's a great lead guitarist. The opposite would be "nervös-vibrato" (which I'm not going to translate, but I guess most of you get it, haha) which many unexperienced players seem to have. Anyways; it feels great to have him on board! :)

Wead, I know you're lurking here... ;) Come forward and say hi!

im listening to it thru shit phones but i can notice a bit of a shrill sound on the cymbals...

it's sounding better than the first mix! it was entirely recorded or just remixed?

awesome solo!

im listening to it thru shit phones but i can notice a bit of a shrill sound on the cymbals...

it's sounding better than the first mix! it was entirely recorded or just remixed?

awesome solo!

I haven't made any changes to the actual mix... just a little less compression in the mastering chain. Which is a good thing, I guess.

Yes that's a fkn dope solo. That's Pod too, right?

Actually, it's Guitar Rig. GR2 I guess, but I'm not sure. It was already processed when Wead sent it to me.

Hey Fredrik...

This stuff is really, really good!

Can you go into more details how you recorded this demo?

What was your host?

What did you do to the drums besides filling the midi track?

Anything special done to those guitars? i could not get your patches to sound like that... at all.

The cymbals sound great IMHO...

What was the bass?

What was on the master track?

Thanks... it really sounds great so far, the song is very cool!

Hey Bob, thank you for your kind words!

I use Cakewalk Sonar. Not that it matters though; all hosts should sound the same.

The drums are individually compressed and EQ:ed to my likings, just as I would mix real drums. People usually say that EZdrummer are enough processed out of the box, but I don't think so. LOTS of EQ and compression needed. And reverb... don't forget the reverb. ;) Cymbals are just hi-passed and a little compressed. I use the SSL LMC-1 compressor on a parallell bus, with sounds like shit on its own, but blends in pretty well and gives life and breathing.

Rhythm guitars: Lots of EQ. No compresion. No other effects.

Bass: Cheap Cort 5-string recorded through my TLA preamp. EQ:ed to death, distorted, compressed, limited, squashed, multiband compressed, flattened, clipped and limited again. Something like that. ;)

I used the Timeworks mastering limiter of the master bus, and some EQ as well to compensate for my mistakes. ;)

When I first checked this thread I saw "power metal" and since avoided it. :lol: Just looked again for the hell of it and saw "Mike Wead" and it got my attention. I'm on my third listen and am very impressed and liking it a lot!
It's not power metal by my standards at all. More along the lines of In Flames & Dark Tranquility imo. Looking forward to hearing much more. :headbang:

my ez cymbals always sound like shite,
gotta experiment more. again - really cool mix,
you got a signature guitarsound going on,
not so podxt-ish you know.
only one thing bothers me: the kick
seems to be a fair deal of the ez room no ?
i'd like a bit more definition and up-frontness ...
but anyways great job there fredrik!

wow, sounds really good. Especially considering its all pod and ez drummer. I really like the dirtyness of the bass. Excellent job :kickass: .

cool, very cool... reminds a bit of old arch enemy....

damm... reminds alot of old arch enemy... burning bridges album... killer solo