OK so ... Kamelot -The Chance - Poughkeepsie

I cant imagine that huge dude jumping in the crowd ... lol. Epic hair indeed and he is great as an entertainer. Coming out for March of Mephisto was spine tingling. We had two big girls jumping up and down on the floor, not with the best rythmn either and the wood floor was bouncing, I was getting worried - lol they were wore out by the time Kamelot came out and Kamelot just didnt have a groove simplistic enough for them. I was glad they were enjoying themselves and my toes survived.

We didnt get an acoustic song ? The bass player is a solid performer too and deserves mentioning. Glad to hear they are keeping the pace going and you got a great show.

I plan on buying Ghost Opera, Systematic Chaos, Paradise Lost, Dead Reckoning and maybe Tage Mahal for a catch up, as soon as I get off my butt and figure out where Im going to order them all from (any tips ?) last batch I ordered through Barnes & Noble, what do you all use ? ... oh ... and any old PoS CD cause I figure if I seperate the CD case & pull out the sleeve, Ill have four not too overly priced beer coasters that will also make for a brief but good conversation piece. Just not digging them yet, sounds like tecno/alternative/rap with a touch of guitar, I hate being that confused as well as the three genres I mentioned.

Kennie - I'll continue to follow your lead, then I can be all grown up and all but hopefully that will come with out the miserable ness ---> :mad:

hey proulzski - about the sound, you could here the guitar riffs/chops nice and tight ? Not muddied up ? That band Echoes of Eternity had great guitar sound, you could hear the pedals and runs clear as day (dudes are fast and groovin' too) at the Sym X concert until Sym X got blasted but EoE had a tight clear sound. None of that at "The Chance" last week unless someone was playing alone, it got better toward the end.

See the thing is, I have 0 respect for punks who feel they command respect without actually having done anything to deserve it. Your dislike for me is unconditional. Hence my sarcasm and general demeanor toward your words. The difference between us, good sir, is that were you to earn respect, I would give it, yet were I to, you would not. If you feel I am elitist to put you in your just place, then so label me. The same goes for all. :)

now now boys, boxing gloves DOWN! Unless I can beat money on the fight :D

@Razor: yah he was crowd surfing :D...ANd the sound was fabulous,I mean the sound was phoenominal, I heard every chop loud and clear! the solo's where so clear I could probably hear his fingers on the frets from outside! And the accoustic song was a montreal favorite... We are in a french province, every time they come down they play the french song "Ne Pleure Pas" which is a montreal favorite, everyone had there lighters out, and Khan was up on the balcony while singing this song! thats why we got the accoustic and not you guys... We also got simone so we're even luckier lol :p

humor is such a funny thing
disrespect is earned as well, might be what happened, mirrors can be cruel so dont look, I did have a bit too much fun, turning the tables I will admit, but it was irresistable
I'll always hate clics, safety in numbers, so shoot me
as for the have a nice day thing I guess I can now only say "or not"
and I flat out refuse to act my age
now have a nice day would ya .... or not

What do you guys think about Epica? I heard alot about Ghost Opera (or the distaste for it at least) and Karma, but what about Epica and Black Halo. I thought those were some very good CD's. I mean, they aren't Unia or Century child, but they are good.

Wait... i'm confused... is Unia supposed to be good? Because i was under the impression that it sucked balls. And century child had some good tracks, but post-wishmaster nightwish is useless.

And Karma and Siege Perilous are the only two kamelot albums you should/need to own.

What do you guys think about Epica? I heard alot about Ghost Opera (or the distaste for it at least) and Karma, but what about Epica and Black Halo. I thought those were some very good CD's. I mean, they aren't Unia or Century child, but they are good.

Black Halo is probably their most popular album, many would call it their best. I like Epica a lot too.

And I understand the criticisms for Ghost Opera, and didn't like most of it at first either, but it's a grower. The title track is great, IMO, and the rest of it isn't as bad as some have said (though the last two regular tracks aren't anything special at all, Kamelot have released better songs as bonus tracks).

They DID make albums before epica. Seriously, why is it that everyone comfuckingpletely overlooks Karma? Best fuckin' album they ever wrote. And what about Siege perilous? Great goddamned disc.

Fuck, epica and black halo both pale in comparison. big time.

we seriously have a big difference of opinions there, I happen to LOVE epica and the black halo, and most of you know how I feel about ghost opera (best material yet) siege perilous is an amazing album , its sound quality is the only thing that I wish was better, you can tell most of the vocal lines were written for vanderbuilt (thank god khan joined the band! parting visions sang by vanderbuilt?! no thank you) and of coarse karma has elizabeth and future king, as well as karma, so what can ya do? all of there stuff is incredible

They DID make albums before epica. Seriously, why is it that everyone comfuckingpletely overlooks Karma? Best fuckin' album they ever wrote. And what about Siege perilous? Great goddamned disc.

Fuck, epica and black halo both pale in comparison. big time.

U B right on the money Zach, SP & Karma rock!

I find myself tireing of the emotionaless double bass drum beats all the time. Makes the songs all feel the same. I put Epica on my player this week and it became annoyingly obvious. I consider this a weak trait prevalent in "power metal"

I still think bass boosters & subs suck, they were needed 15 years ago but today soundmen abuse them. Kicks drums should not rule the show and drown out the bass and guitar pedals and bury the mids and highs but they do.

At least I know I'm not the only one who thinks this! The sound at most shows I 've gone to just plain sucks balls. The bass is so loud that I cannot even make out what key bands are playing in, and sometimes, I cannot even tell what song is being played. Unfortunately, this is what it was like at the SX show. I can tell they were doing an awesome job and were tight as hell, but the sound quality was horrific. It took me about 5 seconds to realize what song Smoke and Mirrors was when they started it. That's almost halfway through the damn sweeps, lol. I cannot make out what the bass drums are doing, since it just sounds like a rumble. It pisses me off :(

humor is such a funny thing
disrespect is earned as well, might be what happened, mirrors can be cruel so dont look, I did have a bit too much fun, turning the tables I will admit, but it was irresistable
I'll always hate clics, safety in numbers, so shoot me
as for the have a nice day thing I guess I can now only say "or not"
and I flat out refuse to act my age
now have a nice day would ya .... or not

Oh, how I do lament the brain cells I paid to read that.

PS Unia is balls.