Ok...so this is why I rule...

salty

Aug 4, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
OK I have had a problem with my big desktop machine for ages...almost since i built it...

every 27 seconds like clockwork the audio and video would glitch for a split second...like fucking clockwork.

So basically the machine sat there and was a server for the internet and i did all my work and music listening on my laptop...

Here are the specs...

Laptop - P3 750, 128MB ram, 20 gig hd

Desktop PC - Athlon Thunderbird 1.4Ghz, 1024MB ram, 40 gig hd

So you can see that the desktop machine is far superior to the laptop...and can probably understand my frustration with the glitch. I had searched and searched for what could be the possible cause of this...tried numerous technical forums etc...did everything that people suggested...to no avail.

So I was ready to totally format the computer and reinstall everything from scratch. But earlier today I thought...fuck it...ill tear the thing down to its screws and rebuild it from the ground up before i wipe everything.

Took the cpu out...everything out...put some more thermal compound on the cpu...put it all back together.

I decided to leave a couple of things out...extra usb ports, asus ipanel and as it stands the dvd player isnt working because i changed around the IDE channel it was on but I think theres something else i need to adjust. BUT...Im just gonna leave the DVD player out because i never use it.

Anyway...THE FUCKING GLITCH IS GONE BABY!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Im so happy...and I am my own god right now. Now I can get into doing some hardcore video work, crank tunes nice and loud through that machine and get some really large quality and resolution artwork done on there.

Oh yes...I rule indeed.

:headbang:

[color=#AOEOOA]You get used to computer glitches after awhile.

Some computers have really weird things about them.

A while back my internet would never work while I played music. Which was a bitch. But not even with a new computer I rarely play music through the computer while online. It's always the other computer (which has all my music anyway) or the cd player behind me.

Weird.[/color]

But good for you salty.

You dont get used to them when your counting on the machine to export video to dv and every time it glitches you get regular blackouts in video and sound in your finished peices lol.

But thats gone! Still buzzing today. Edited together some video of a roadtrip to SA me and 2 mates took earlier in the year.

Turned out great.