Ok totally off topic

Therionized

Christraper
Nov 9, 2005
Alright, I thought this would be interesting. What is the band or bands that you listen to outside of metal that is your guilty pleasure like Alice Cooper loves the Bee Gees lol. Mine is Fleetwood Mac. What is everyone elses?

Classical music (Mozart's Requiem, Carl Orff's Carmina Burana)
Musicals (Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables...)
Marion Raven
Anastacia

...oh yeah...
Poets of the Fall, them I also like!

any sort of "goth" with a chick singer
- LoveSpiralsDownwards, Dark Orange, Switchblade Symphony
Cheesy 80s music
- Talk Talk, Simple Minds, OMD, Love and Rockets, etc
Electoric POP from the mid-90s
- Garbage, the Hunger, GusGus, Republica, etc
Post-grunge "college" bands
- Sugartooth, GruntTruck, Mudmoney, Lemonheads, etc

A lot, too much to mention all, but: Steven Wilson things(P.T is sometimes metal) Blackfield and the freakyer thing No-Man. Old kind of prog things like King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Yes and Camel. Also some Punk and Reggae (old Millencolin, Bad religion. Jaya the cat and much more)

Lots of Prog, (Floyd, Gnelte Giant, Yes, marillion, etc), some Classical Music (Dvorak, Wagner) and Jazz, mainly 70s Fusion stuff á la Weather Report or Return to Forever; Tori Amos, Nick Cave, Robbie Williams, Tom Jones, the occasional Electronics/Avantgarde/whatever- Record (Residents, Neubauten, Later Gathering and Ulver), some of the more melodic Punk/Ska- Stuff (Bosstones, beatsteaks, China Drum) and a whole lot of other stuff, really.

A lot of stuff that has already been mentioned, I was a dodgy old Goth in the 80's!

Favourite band of all time is still New Model Army, others include Fields Of The Nephilim, The Mission, The Sisters Of Mercy, The Bolshoi, The Cure, The Damned, Echo & The Bunnymen, Jesus And Mary Chain, All About Eve, Marillion, Bauhaus, Queen, Robbie Williams, Cypress Hill, Dead Can Dance, Depeche Mode, The Cult, Orla, Pink Floyd, Zodiac Mindwarp, Levellers, Jamiroquai, Porcupine Tree, Ice-T, Black, etc., etc...

Oh... one non-metal recommendation for everyone on here:

Karl Sanders - "Saurian Meditation"

It is fucking amazing.

The Mission, Sigur Rõs, Marillion, Rick Springfield, All About Eve, The Church, Anders F Rönnblom, New Model Army, Motorpsycho, Manic Street Preachers, Kent, Abba, The Posies, Toto, Michael Ruff, The Cardigans, Kate Bush, Lisa Miskovsky, Neil Young, Pugh Rogefeldt, Saybia, Mew, Pink Floyd, Soundtrack Of Our Lives among others..