"Off-Topic" forum rant

Oh,come on guys,just let it rest,it ain't worth it..

I'm gonna change the subject here cause it's "DANOFBEREAVEMENT'S" BIRTHDAAYYYYY!!!!!! :hotjump:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!!..Hope you and yours have a great day!!! :kickass:

Novembers Paul said:
Coming from someone whose taste in music allows them to say things on the Opeth forum like "Edge of Sanity is generic, cliche oldschool death." Your opinion here means less then gum on the bottom of my shoe, so maybe you need to go back to fanboy central where you'll be more comfortable. Oh wait, I have a better idea...

Maybe you should blow me?
I like how automatically assume I was talking shit about your band. You automatically assumed I was talking bad about your writing. That must mean that you even know your recent album was below the par you set with such alums as "The Knowing" and "Welcome to the Fade." You've lost the melodies that made you unique. Now people are lumping you in with bands like "My Dying Bride" and "Swallow the Sun", when you guys are obviously better. I won't lie to you, I'm more of a Novembers Doom fanboy than an Opeth fanboy. Opeth has yet to let me down, and I didn't feel The Pale Haunt Departure had the same perfect formula the others had. I'm just desperate for another incredible Novembers Doom album. And outside of the Crimsons, EoS definitely generic.

And if you're telling a true fan to blow you, I'd hate to see what you'd say to someone who thinks you guys suck. tisk tisk

Misseriah said:
I like how automatically assume I was talking shit about your band. You automatically assumed I was talking bad about your writing. That must mean that you even know your recent album was below the par you set with such alums as "The Knowing" and "Welcome to the Fade." You've lost the melodies that made you unique. Now people are lumping you in with bands like "My Dying Bride" and "Swallow the Sun", when you guys are obviously better. I won't lie to you, I'm more of a Novembers Doom fanboy than an Opeth fanboy. Opeth has yet to let me down, and I didn't feel The Pale Haunt Departure had the same perfect formula the others had. I'm just desperate for another incredible Novembers Doom album. And outside of the Crimsons, EoS definitely generic.

And if you're telling a true fan to blow you, I'd hate to see what you'd say to someone who thinks you guys suck. tisk tisk

We will never be able to please everyone who has liked us at some point in our career. We won't even pretend to try to do that. We write for ourselves first, and to us, making ourselves happy is all that matters. The Knowing was written almost 8 years ago. We're a totally different band, with different ideas. Writing a "Knowing" or "TWtF" part 2 (Oh, and it's TO WELCOME THE FADE, by the way) is just not ever going to happen. I disagree with you, all those elements are still in the new material, we've only added the aggression we were lacking. Judging by the reviews, response, and CD sales, I'd say you're in a minority, as Pale Haunt has been our biggest success so far, and continues to sell well.

As a "true fan" you should re-read your post, and see as a first time poster here, why your comments were received as they were. An insult is an insult, fan or not, and I'm not one to sit back and smile at it.

Angeleyes Part II said:
Oh,come on guys,just let it rest,it ain't worth it..

I'm gonna change the subject here cause it's "DANOFBEREAVEMENT'S" BIRTHDAAYYYYY!!!!!! :hotjump:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!!..Hope you and yours have a great day!!! :kickass:

AWW Thanks, sorry, I just saw this!

Had a great day and got wasted with all my friends....very good day!

And about the disgruntled fan, as Paul said, you were a first time poster...what was everyone supposed to think? Paul and co, you will never make everyone happy, so save the energy and drink a beer for me with it!

\m/

and again, the new album Rocks!!!!

I make no apologies for what I said in response to Misseriah's post either. His post came off arrogant and pointed, and he made no effort whatsoever to even mention that he had ever previously liked the band or anything. Every now and then you get those people who post just for the hell of it, trying to stir up controversy and such. There was no way to know one way or the other what this persons intentions were. I think just about anyone would "automatically assume" that you were just being a dick judging by how you worded your comment. I'm extremely proud of The Pale Haunt Departure and I make no excuses for any of it, I think it blows away our previous records. There's plenty of melodies and hooks in our music now that's always been a part of us, just perhaps branched out in some new ways too. That's just my opinion, and you have yours, that's fine. If you're waiting for another "Knowing" or "To Welcome The Fade", you're going to be disappointed, because it won't happen. We're not interested in creating that same stuff anymore, we've already done it. To continue doing so even though we don't really feel like it, just to appease other people, would truly be fake on our parts. If you can't continue on with us, then thanks for the time you did spend. But I'm not going to apologise or be made to feel bad for music that we wrote and feel really strongly about on TPHD, whether it be from a fan or a critic or whomever.

And people have compared us to My Dying Bride since day one. I think we especially got compared to them back when we did stuff like "the Knowing" moreso than now.

I surely got suprised,since it's my birthday today my friends bought me a ticket to see Celtic Frost last night,and it was AWSOME!!! :headbang:
It turned out they choose my hometown as a warming up for their upcoming shows and festivals..
Now I have to say it was a really good gig,but their a little distant to the audience imo,I had the feeling they we're just doing their thing no more no less...anyone else here who saw them play live once? other then that,I surely had a great time..:)