Forum Moderation

ND_MODERATOR

Apr 7, 2006
www.novembersdoom.com
I have been asked by the band to be an outside, impartial forum moderator, to help keep official threads on topic, and other threads polite. I've been lurking for several weeks, and needed to step in today.

It's simple, keep all band related threads on topic. Don't be an asshole to the band members, they pay for this.

Remember, I have the power to ban you, and I'm itching to use it. :heh:

ND_MODERATOR said:
I have been asked by the band to be an outside, impartial forum moderator, to help keep official threads on topic, and other threads polite. I've been lurking for several weeks, and needed to step in today.

It's simple, keep all band related threads on topic. Don't be an asshole to the band members, they pay for this.

Remember, I have the power to ban you, and I'm itching to use it. :heh:

Well,hello and goodluck here :) .....have to say..eh...you seem grumpy tho!

I am no one you would know of. Just someone the guys know.

Moderators always get the bum rep. Sometimes we need to be the asshole, so the band doesn't. The only threads I was told to care about were announcements made by the band themselves. Everything else will be loose.

And I'm only half kidding about banning people. ;)

Don't tease the big dog. lol

We had to ban someone not long ago, as we were tired of the BS. We waited MUCH longer to do this, because we're nice guys, and wanted to keep things polite. Now, we have an outside person who will take care of this, if it ever needs to be done again. I seriously doubt he'll be needed often. You guys didn't see the thread a few days ago with the pictures of little naked asian man ass with freakishly sized genitalia. Wacky stuff happens here. hahaha!

Novembers Paul said:
Don't tease the big dog. lol

We had to ban someone not long ago, as we were tired of the BS. We waited MUCH longer to do this, because we're nice guys, and wanted to keep things polite. Now, we have an outside person who will take care of this, if it ever needs to be done again. I seriously doubt he'll be needed often. You guys didn't see the thread a few days ago with the pictures of little naked asian man ass with freakishly sized genitalia. Wacky stuff happens here. hahaha!

Did that one get on here too ? I think I saw that on ION VEIN'S board.
I think we have a good group of folks who post here.
Though I can totally see the need for you guys having someone keeping a close eye on things..

I wouldn't worry too much about it guys. Like Paul said, the new moderator's job is really mainly to focus on keeping things cool around here, really pertaining to our "official" threads and stuff like people posting completely inappropriate material such as the naked asian guy stuff lol

With the studio stuff coming up and other things, we're just way too busy to be monitoring this forum several times a day every day ourselves. Plus, as Paul said, it helps to have someone who can be the "bad guy" when it comes to keeping shit straight 'round here.

I must say *knock on wood* that the forum has been pretty good for a while now on the whole. I'm glad almost everyone is being cool and friendly and enjoying their time here lately :)

Valid points made by Paul, Larry and the unnamed moderator. I can only say one thing; remain unnamed, man (or woman, for that matter). Like you all said, being a moderator is most probably one of the crappiest jobs in a forum. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt and burnt it afterwards.
In a perfect world, moderators wouldn't have to be around 'cause people would behave like the grown-ups they are (trying to be) or will turn into, as opposed to being Cyberheroes with a dozen fake names to go around. But we don't live in a perfect world, now do we?

Thumbs up and kudos.