Moderation

I'm sure it can. Whether it will though is unlikely. The band need an official forum, and Mikael himself expressed his interest at browsing this thing at least once a day. Anyway if the decision was made to have active modding, I'd be happy to take the position.

Mr. Niel said:
More moderation please. Please help make the Opeth board enjoyable.

ie: "Hi, I also like massive taxation for huge government programs. That way we can all live in bliss. I also want to abolish all weapons. Who needs swords, guns and large sticks when we have a gigantic police state where we get fined for bad thoughts. Don't worry, if you did nothing wrong you have no worries at all. We can all start right here and work towards a huge police state and make life more fun."

Black Dragon, your reply had basically nothing to do with the part of Niel's post that you didn't bother quoting, and not much more with the one that you did either. "A huge politice state" isn't exactly what moderation on a message board is. Not on a large or small scale.

I guess I'll mail opeth.com.

Black Dragon said:
ie: "Hi, I also like massive taxation for huge government programs. That way we can all live in bliss. I also want to abolish all weapons. Who needs swords, guns and large sticks when we have a gigantic police state where we get fined for bad thoughts. Don't worry, if you did nothing wrong you have no worries at all. We can all start right here and work towards a huge police state and make life more fun."
You hit the nail right on the head. You must have a college education. We should meet up and further discuss this. You can tell me how much Steven Wilson influenced the last three albums.

Jesus, fucking, Malarkey. How does nixing some of the same threads we see everyday equal totalitarianism/utopiac bliss/whatever horseshit you are talking about?

You people take this place too seriously. (and this person I've quoted is obviously a genius) On top of which, you are reading too hard into what I am proposing.

Do you hear that? That is the sound of another "Who is Melinda?" thread being thought of....you know I'd really like to know the Dream Theatre setlist...Hi, I'm new, I was wondering what your favorite Opeth cd is?...Steven Wilson is gay, and english. He should not produce the next album..."You're gay dude. Preservation of quality on bootlegs makes me a smarter human being than the rest of you."

Tards. I know what I'm talking about. Have fun reading the same shit day after day.

*Apparently, Marky Mark gugs and his funky bunch have decided that this post was in response to thier constant bitching about bootlegs. Although I have stayed awake this whole entire last week without sleeping a wink thinking of ways to irritate him, I must admit, this thread was indeed NOT in response to his royal highness.

It is also not a call for totalitarianism moderation, censorship, a cry for love, fear, or attention, but simply a hope that someone in charge will see this and hopefully just tidy up some of the useless stuff...take for instance that thier are about seven topics now for the same two bootlegs, right on the first page. Is this necessary? Take for instance that at least twice a week, ggggggu comes in here as either himself or DeliveranceDriver and starts calling everyone a faggot or a my pals at will. Do we need that in seventeen different threads? No, he could just start one thread, and title it "Everyone who likes Opeth is a faggot or a my pals." Then he could resurrect it whenever he wanted to, without spreading that sort of madness all over the freaking place. Even adding a FAQ sticky would help.

For some reason, asking to add a little (and I do mean just a little) sanity to this madness has garnered accusations of my manhood, my political stance, the size of my gentalia, and questioned whether or not Dick Clark or Keith Richards will ever die.

It was just a simple idea folks, an opinion if you will. More like a suggestion even. Take it for what it's worth. Stop reading so hard into it, please. I can't take anymore of these hilarious accusations.

Humble Love,
Niel

[shameless self promotion] Die Album coming REAL SOON!!!! [/promotion]

Mr. Niel said:
Take for instance that at least twice a week, ggggggu comes in here as either himself or DeliveranceDriver and starts calling everyone a faggot or a my pals at will.
Shut up homo. I've used the word faggot only once on this message board.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2600963&postcount=33

If I had called someone faggot "at least twice a week", I would have done it well over 200 times.

DeliveranceDriver isn't my account anymore. I posted that one topic with that account just to see how goddamned stupid the people here were.

if ppl would just simply not bag eachother for comments or opinions. how can YOUR opinion be wrong? (unless it is a fact, dont be fuckin pickin me up!) and all those ppl trollin, dont fuckin reply. they want a big argument. just relax and lets talk about the one thing we all have in common. OPETH.