Opeth forum will close down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hexwind

Creepiness Och Terrorism
Jun 10, 2008
Psychedelic Planet
www.myspace.com
Are you, the moderators or whoever responsible for this, really gonna close this forum down?? Is that because of the amount of idiot posts and stupid threads that it has or what? How long shall it take? You think it's a good idea, i mean, whenever you the forum is working again, people will keep posting shit threads (like this maybe?) and the same thing will happen over and over again...

Mikael himself lolz

It just goes to show that we certainly have our share of mentally under-developed people floating around here.

This is ultimately also the reason why we're closing down this forum on a permanent basis shortly. We simply can't endorse this bollocks anymore. I've certainly enjoyed "hanging" out with you here, but it's got to come to an end.

Obviously I'm not pointing fingers at you regular folks who just like to talk music and such, but I think/hope you can understand where we're coming from. It's no big deal really, of course.

Take care guys
Mike

Not like another forum won't/can't be started.

this is shit. this is a fan forum, not mikes forum. i appreciate mikes opinion, but why can he say "close the forum" and they close it. because its the official one? i mean ... i cant understand this. really .. i cant understand ^^

opeth is growing bigger, the forum is growing bigger. logical thing imo ... if mike acts that way, he becomes more and more unappealing to me. he's a fukkin god in my eyes, but i cannot understand why he acts like this.

this is crap ^^

Don't bust a nut.. I'm sure some fan will start an unofficial forum. Surely somebody already has?

The bands who have forums on here have to pay for it. If they don't want to pay for something they don't want.. That's surely up to them. Nobody is stopping you from making another forum.

It's been a long time coming. I've never seen such a gathering of idiots like the group amassed on this board. I get embarassed for many of you when I see your posts. The content has been terrible since the release of Ghost Reveries.

The amount of shit, rude posts and stuff I've seen here has escalated so much lately. We can't put our stamp of "approval" on this anymore. It's become a playground for immature kids trying to get a rise out of insulting people. We thought it'd be interesting to have a forum where Opeth fans could talk music. I too participated thinking some of you might appreciate that.

Somehow it didn't work out and what's left is just a mess to be honest. So we'll close it down by the end of this week I hope. To be honest we should have done this a long time ago.

For those who are dissapointed I'm sure a new un-official forum will be available somewhere, but that's about it.

Unappealing you say? Well, that's tough....

I think you'll be able to pull through though, right?

Cheers
Mike

Mikael Åkerfeldt;8502136 said:
The amount of shit, rude posts and stuff I've seen here has escalated so much lately. We can't put our stamp of "approval" on this anymore. It's become a playground for immature kids trying to get a rise out of insulting people. We thought it'd be interesting to have a forum where Opeth fans could talk music. I too participated thinking some of you might appreciate that.

Somehow it didn't work out and what's left is just a mess to be honest. So we'll close it down by the end of this week I hope. To be honest we should have done this a long time ago.

For those who are dissapointed I'm sure a new un-official forum will be available somewhere, but that's about it.

Cheers
Mike
Does that mean it's gonna be closed forever??? :zombie:

Cheers
Mike

well ... im just upset tbh.
maybe unappealing wasnt the right word.

its true that there has been much of shitposts in the last couple of months. but its also kinda funny and a cool place to hang out actually. if you know what i mean.

but i bet some1 will start another forum, where the real fans can come together :)

I would like to know what Mikael feels while listening ending of April Ethereal. We should have discussed emotions more. Take care guys.

It's funny but I think there is a much larger issue here...it seems like todays "youth" is just a bunch of whiney/punks killing what's left of your "high culture", who sit behind their computers pissed off at everyone and everything...and try to ruin it it for everyone. This isn't the only forum to go "to shit" so quickly not to mention the "same shit" is happeneing in other online, type of communites..

... Long live Opeth!

Cheers
Mike

Its only really become that way because of the reactions you give them. Its just a bunch of idiots doing this on purpose knowing it will really bother you, and from the looks of things mainly about the deaths of Cliff Burton and Marcel Jacob, because they knew it would really get to you they decided to give these retarded comments etc.

While closing the forum is a drastic step it is the right one, this place is shit.

That being said, change your tampon man, c juste des niaserie par des criss de mongols, calme toi.

omg... even if i never did post a hell lot but this is one of my fav forums..just to read and get info on opeth and what other fans think if their songs/albums..

the fact that mike decided to close this down is very disheartening..

thanks a lot to those who pushed mike to make this decision......... :mad:

but i bet some1 will start another forum, where the real fans can come together :)

if such a forum ever pops up in the near future... i want in =D

I don't post often here, but I do stop by frequently, so I can totally see where the band is coming from. I enjoy reading useful and constructive posts, but it takes me forever to find those (there are many perfectly sane people on here who don't post frequently).

I participate actively on two other boards, and I casually frequent a couple of others, and I just have no idea what it is about Opeth that attracts this type of "following" and "immaturity". Sure, I too was once a 15-year old, but I never talked to people the way that some talk to others here. Some posts are really insulting, bordering (at best, I am being kind) on racism, ethnocentrism and insulting people with disabilities.

Sure, I'll miss stopping by here myself, but really, I still have my Opeth music and I will go to many Opeth shows in the future. So, shutting this down is not a big deal, and it is a good move by the band to distance themselves from this type of behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.