Discussion Forum? What's that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2005
Oh my!! For some reason I was living under the dillusion that a "Discussion Forum" was a virtual or physical place where people can talk about their ideas, beliefs, and viewpoints- opposing or not. This forum has always been walking the line of being over-moderated, but I feel it has crossed that line when "J-Dubya" closed a thread dealing with religion. Religious threads are not banned in the forum rules last time I checked. The form of over-moderation is killing what used to be an interesting forum- this is most evident now by the ridiculous off topic thread where nothing of substenance is ever posted, and the threads that require useless posts like what song the users are listening to at that moment. I can see moderating anything that is obstructive to the discussion, but closing down the discussion is and always will be in my opinion a travesty. I am sure this one will get shut down as well...

Shut up and stop whining. This topic has been discussed to death, you've annoyed everyone with your ignorance, just let it rest.

Being called ignorant by the atheist who appeals to logic? Please...and if you think a topic has been discussed too much then don't read/post in the thread silly boy. There are pleanty of people who join these forums who may not have been around to discuss certain topics; if you ban these topics just because you are tired of them then you will be reduced to discussing the useless things you start threads about (i.e. Now Playing) or the forum will collapse.

Being called ignorant by the atheist who appeals to logic? Please...and if you think a topic has been discussed too much then don't read/post in the thread silly boy. There are pleanty of people who join these forums who may not have been around to discuss certain topics; if you ban these topics just because you are tired of them then you will be reduced to discussing the useless things you start threads about (i.e. Now Playing) or the forum will collapse.

That's not for you to decide nor worry about now is it? Not for me to decide either, but I'm not the one getting up in arms about shit topics that go nowhere (this has been proven historically MANY times) getting locked, so... there you go.

How about this: if you want to discuss topics such as religion, don't come to a METAL FORUM where topics like "now playing" are so ridiculously relevant that it almost hurts.

edit: Here you go. Have a shit-ton of fun brohammer.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/

http://www.ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=5

http://www.joyofsects.com/discussion/ultimatebb.cgi

edit:

And sorry for the double edit, but agnostic.... agnostic is the word you're looking for. Thanks for playing.

That's not for you to decide nor worry about now is it? Not for me to decide either, but I'm not the one getting up in arms about shit topics that go nowhere (this has been proven historically MANY times) getting locked, so... there you go.

How about this: if you want to discuss topics such as religion, don't come to a METAL FORUM where topics like "now playing" are so ridiculously relevant that it almost hurts.

Well actually it is for both of us to decide, a 'user' forum is run by the users. I refuse to believe that a "pics" thread has anything more to do with metal than a religion thread. This is not just a metal forum, it's the Symphony X forum and "Now Playing" does not exclusively apply to Symphony X.

I've provided some resources for you. That is all. If you have anything further to say, feel free... I'm open to one on one conversation, and I've a host of contact options riiiiiiight over there <==== (aim, msn, yahoo, myspace, hell, even skype)

I'm not going to bullshit up the forum anymore though.

I'll be brief.
brief.jpg

This forum has always been walking the line of being over-moderated, but I feel it has crossed that line when "J-Dubya" closed a thread dealing with religion. Religious threads are not banned in the forum rules last time I checked. The form of over-moderation is killing what used to be an interesting forum- this is most evident now by the ridiculous off topic thread where nothing of substenance is ever posted, and the threads that require useless posts like what song the users are listening to at that moment. I can see moderating anything that is obstructive to the discussion, but closing down the discussion is and always will be in my opinion a travesty. I am sure this one will get shut down as well...

This is what I get for trying to be nice & give a brief explanation of WHY the thread was closed. From past experience, both here, and on the mailing list, religious discussion has ALWAYS turned ugly. While it's not in the forum rules,
it's a topic that has been discussed over & over again. You heard it from the users here, now you're hearing it from me. I suggest if you have an issue with it, you PM Jax or myself. Starting more threads related to the closed topic, or this soon to be closed thread to bitch & whine will result in a temporary ban. From the forum rules:

**Please check the band's FAQ (which can be found here) and search the existing threads here on the forum (at least those on the first few pages) for topics before starting a new thread, as there's a chance the topic/question you have in mind has already been discussed. Please don't start a new thread on a topic just to bring attention to yourself; such duplicate threads will be deleted rather than allowing them to multiply & clutter the board. Along the same lines, please do not post excessive threads; with too much clutter, the threads of widespread interest can be hard to find. **

The off-topic threads have been around here for a while, and were (& still are) active during the bands hiatus. Your thread wasn't closed for being off topic, it was closed for content....

Then those people should use the search function before starting new threads....

Well actually it is for both of us to decide, a 'user' forum is run by the users. I refuse to believe that a "pics" thread has anything more to do with metal than a religion thread. This is not just a metal forum, it's the Symphony X forum and "Now Playing" does not exclusively apply to Symphony X.

This forum is NOT run by the users, it's here for the users, but it is moderated because it's an official band forum. Off topic threads are welcome,
Overdone threads on Religion & politics for example, are not.

Whining thread now closed, if you have a problem with that, you need to either e-mail or PM Jax or myself. As I stated above, if you keep opening new threads regarding this, you will be banned for 30 days... Repeat peformances will get you banned for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.