Opeth Discussion

^ My last.fm proves that I fap over Opeth just as much as the next guy but no, no they're not. The Heritage tour was arguably the most boring show I've ever been to and Watershed and Heritage are progressively weaker (with the exception of a couple of songs that one would hope Mikael goes in the direction of for the new album).

There's no way Ghost Reveries is one of the worst. Heritage is just poop to me, but I like 70s prog rock... and i just cant help feeling like it's a bad version of that.

I've actually started listening to opeth more of recent date, mostly the first three (and mostly Orchid here) and Ghost Reveries... I was thinking about picking up Still Life and/or Deliverance though. Thoughts?

Deliverance is cool when you first get into it, but I feel it's easily Opeth's weakest album, the mellow album Damnation is much better. Actually Damnation is probably my favorite Opeth.

not to sound like some elitist, because i really dont care about that machismo bullshit, but to me, each opeth album is progressively worse than its predecessor

Orchid = the best
morningrise = next best
heritage = sucks megalithic stone age donkey balls