OK, we need to contact this guy Kelly Gray..i'm kinda pissed....

sinerchris

Everythin is never enough
Jan 7, 2002
Back in Flushing, NY for good!
OK, the material of EOR is good. Definitely Nevermore. But the sound is so muffled. This is Nevermore, not some nu-metal bullshit. andy sneap WHERE ARE YOU??? This definitely sounds like an mp3 version or "taped" version.
What a fucking shame......

don't fucken blasphemy in jc name...

ok

I am a good christian ok

Contact Century Media
-I hear the new band that they signed have a budget of $5.41 ??
I'm joking, but I would not be suprised a budget of $507.13 with 10 points to the producer
and 87% to the label "Cunting Media"
That will leave the new band with enough money to buy a book of matches (to share between them of course)
-will get fooled again

P.F
That was funny rebirth hahahaha

Yeah I was thinking that today on the way home from the cd store. The album is very distorted. The songs are great, but I agree the production is different. Century Media has always been known for screwing their bands. That is why a lot of bands get away from them.

Every album is mastered. Mastering is basically some final adjustments (eq, compression, taking out some pops and clicks, volume adjustment, fade in/out) to make the songs flow together. I think what WD was talking about was that they had to try to fix it in mastering. That's never a good thing. That basically means a lot of eq and a lot of compression. And heavy compression is what makes it sound almost 2 dimensional.

HemiGTX said:
Nevermore made the cover of Metal Maniacs, and inside is a pretty damn good interview. One of the better ones I've read. The point is this, WD stated that the rough mixes were stellar, and they knew they were on the right track. Producing the sound they wanted perfectly. Then it was mixed, and they weren't totally satisfied, so mastering was in order. (Not a new concept. All (?) of NM has been mastered to the best of my recollection.). SO, it get's mastered. According to WD, in this interview, it was mastered to settings that are basically for a POP sounding record. In other words, if you actually were to hear it on the radio, it would sound outstanding. THere's alot of other good stuff in that interview, so look for the latest issue of Metal Maniacs. FInally, a good interviewer that doesn't ask the same redundant questions over, and over.

Use your settings on your stereo. I found that I've had to listen to it through two sets of head phones. My computer, with great speakers, and adjusting the treble/bass to where I need it for this recording. House stereo, bathroom stereo, bedroom stereo, car stereo, and finally the cd players in some of friends cars. You have GOT TO WORK FOR THIS ONE. THe sound is there. If you dial it in right. I'm not shitting you, you have to play around.

I to have my complaints, but at this point, now that I've figured where to play this sonofabitch, half my problems with it were resolved. The other concerns I have can't be resolved.

I wish I knew someone with that Sony software where you can run tapes, LPs, and Cds through it, and fix things to your taste. Then you make a new copy of what sounds good to you. I'd do it for this disc in a heartbeat.

Like I said, you have to work with it....don't give up. Keep trying different stereos, dial in your settings, and mid volume level to higher levels sound the best when you do get it dialed in right. Headphones reveal tiny things you CANNOT hear on a stereo (whisperings, mumblings, etc.).

Sounds like a pain in the ass to me.