OK, whos been saying the new album sucks??

not from me !!!! geez i LOVE the new album almost every single track on it !!!!

even peeps i know that thought they didn't like anthrax are loving this new album......esp those that saw em live on this tour.......

they chunked up and changed the breaks in fueled, not slwoing it down just sticking bigger breaks in it..... i thought it sounded a lot chunkier cos of it, nfl too started slowly, soon goot back to ole pace tho, they just toyinwith us, and making us jump !!! ;)

OK. It sucks. I'm kidding. but it's my least favourite of the last three by a long shot. Safe Home and Taking The Music Back do indeed suck, in my very humble opinion. Simplistic, boring & soft as shit. But, most importantly I feel, that in-your-face-Scott-Ian-guitar-chunk is waaaaay too far back in the mix. Doesn't light me up like 442 or Volume but generally I think it's solid.

evildave said:
OK. It sucks. I'm kidding. but it's my least favourite of the last three by a long shot. Safe Home and Taking The Music Back do indeed suck, in my very humble opinion. Simplistic, boring & soft as shit. But, most importantly I feel, that in-your-face-Scott-Ian-guitar-chunk is waaaaay too far back in the mix. Doesn't light me up like 442 or Volume but generally I think it's solid.
so cause safe home is not heavy it sucks :err:

wasn't a big fam of safe home when i first heard i, but absolutely love it now, think its amazing, live as well, proper chills on the back of my neck, the fact its a slow one for the thrax boys at least, don't stop it from being totally awesome :)

evildave if you didnt like the album version of safe home you are gonna hate the acoustic. Safe home slowly dug its claws into me and is one of the songs that i can listen to over and over without ever getting bored with it. And the live version in glasgow was just feckin brilliant. I personally think this album is better than vol 8 and stomp although i seriously dug the other two. Just my tuppence worth. fueled did seem a touch slower but no less awesome. best band ive seen by far

Hey, nine records in, I'm glad I can hear five seconds of most Anthrax songs and identify them. Most bands get so stuck in a rut, I wonder how they remember all their interchangeable riffs and parts from tour to tour.

There's already 75 brutal chunky metal songs in the catalog (including some on the new album). It's OK that they have one that's lighter.

I never rank a band's record in their catalog of works till I've had a chance to really absorb it, but I'm tempted to say WCFYA is the best Bush record. Better songwriting than 442, more consistent than Vol. 8, and... I dunno, I still don't want to dis SoWN. :D

K

NP: New Voivod, the other best album of 2003!!

wullief said:
evildave if you didnt like the album version of safe home you are gonna hate the acoustic.
I'm not crazy about Safe Home, and I definately do not like the acoustic version. I prefer heavier stuff, but I'm not totally against a few slower tracks on the albums, in general. I think Toast to the Extras, Bare, and Pieces are great tunes. Black Lodge was the weakest song on SOWN, and if we count bonus tracks, the Safe Home acoustic is the worst song on WCFYA. They sound like they were stoned, drunk, or both when they recorded the song.

god no! I thought safe home acoutic was brilliant! i love that track, gives me goosebumps during the solo. I think the WCFYA album gets better everytime you play it. It just grows on you.

safe home acoustic is on the version sold in the uk as a nus track in a jewel case. I aint seen the digipack yet. nafnikufesin, fair do's you dont like safe home that much im sure theres a few that dont. I am also a big Pearl Jam fan aswell and like slower melodic tunes along with the heavy stuff. Im also into Napalm Death so the range of music i like is fairly broad

I prefer the acoustic version myself. Its a lot more heartfelt in my opinion.I think the weakest song is 'Anyplace but here'...It just sounds.....plain, i suppose, compared to Cadilac rock box or Black dahlia.

Safe Home DOESN'T suck because it's not heavy. At all. My "soft as shit" comment was letting off steam at it, to be honest. The "boring & simplistic" bit I stand by though. The lyrics are so straight up "I love you, baby"... you need something MORE to make that good. Perfect phrasing. Or a completely heart-breaking or uplifting melody. This hasn't got it. And the music's average at best.I love all shades of heaviness in my music. It's all about the overall effect to me. I LOVE Paul Simon, A-ha on the light side. Dream Theater, Maiden, Spock's Beard, Queensryche in the middle. Slayer, The Haunted, Testament at the heavy end. Safe Home (and taking the music back) is just a bit boring & lame. Anthrax is better than that, in my opinion. The acoustic verison is a bit better, I guess. Top Anthrax tunes for me: Catharsis, Madhouse, NFL, Only, Harm's Way.So there. :p