Okay someone tell how Rep works definitively

what r u talking about Rainking? Reputation?? Where do you see that? And how do you know your reputation has got negative points? There is no indicator anywhere!

Anyway, if this reputation stuff is true, it is GAY! I am a metalhead! Why should I care about reputation?? Thats for HAIR BANDS!!

Reactions: Nightwing
i just searched the FAQ and there is not a single mention about reputation. There is only some talk about REFERALS, which is when u invite a new user to join the boards giving him a private link, so he joins the board and because u gave the link for him to join, automatically you gain ONE referral point.

But REPUTATION?? THe only place where i found about reputation is in the members list. Is it related in any way to your number of posts??? ANyway, thats ridiculous. I hate all these bullshit its created on the internet for virtual communities! Like all those stupid organizations and clans in the Maiden BB. Its something just too LAME and NERDISH to enter my head. I hope i get some bad reputation points for saying so. I really dont give a damn! :) :)

Reactions: Henrik Main
Profånity said:
Because it's a waste of thread.

How is it a waste to ask a question about something on the board? You talk so much bullshit it isn't even funny. Most of your posts are things like "Great" and "thanks for the info" etc, now that's a waste.

RainKing, I have the same problem, but I think that everyone else does too.

For all you who don't understand rep, it's the little button next to "edit".. it has a head with "speak" lines. When you click on it under a certain post, you can either "agree" or "disagree" with what the person said in that comment. You can also leave them a note to go with it. All of this is done annonymously. The way the Official Rep Thread works is each person leaves their username in the section for the note so the person knows who to rep back.

Why, you ask? Because we like to have fun and goof off around here (look at all the long threads in the Chat section!) Plus this reputation thing is fairly new to the community. It appeared during the last system upgrade and we've been having fun seeing how many points we can get.

You see the little green boxes below your name, next to your post count, under every entry you make? Hover your mouse over it and a little phrase will pop up that corresponds to how many "points" of good rep you have.

To check your rep points, see who left rep for you, and what comments they left the rep under - make sure you are logged in, then at the very top of the page in the community section there is a link that says "user cp"... Click that and scroll down all the way. There are your rep points & comments.

You are only alloted a certain number of rep points to give away per 24 hours. This number seems to increase when your point total increases too.

I hope that helped. Now you know why everyone is reluctanct to answer these questions - it takes too long! :lol:

~Sh0k~

dreamwatch said:
Rainking - the idea of having to spread the rep around before returnig the the same person was to stop people just bad or good repping one person continuosly. So you'll just have to keep repping others until you're free to rep who ever you like. :)

I realise the concept behind it, it just seems extreme that I have repped many people and it has been weeks and still I can't re-rep the original people I repped yet.