what follows in shadow

I lost all my subscriptions, too. is there anything to do about this? I can´t even find a way to subscribe to threads "manually"...

@Delirious: i think you can subscribe to each of them again by replying through the "post reply" button. The quick reply doesn't subscribe you to a thread, i wish it did..

Siren said:
@Delirious: i think you can subscribe to each of them again by replying through the "post reply" button. The quick reply doesn't subscribe you to a thread, i wish it did..

now you have to choose the kind of subscription you want in a box below the (long) reply window, if you don't you're not subscribed

@hiljainen: wha--? :err:

@delirious: first go to your profile and check - under "options" that your standard is set to "subscribe to every thread where i post". in this case you get a standard e-mail subscription every time you reply to a thread. otherwise this is off and you won't be subscribed by simply posting. however, you can manually subscribe to threads without posting by clicking on the "subscribe" link at the bottom. you'll be faced by different options (same as using the pop-up menu at the bottom when you reply to a thread) including normal subscription, daily notifications, subscription without email notification.

Hiljainen said:
i didn't remember about the option in the options, i remembered only about the "subscribe to this thread" or to choose the subscription in every post in a different thread

yup, but i meant before, the "sorry" comment. options within the options weren't the issue. ;)

thanks for the help, people.

I must be blind or something, just can´t find the subscribe automatically option (user cp -> options ?), but since I had it before and haven´t change it still should be active...

I´ll just try if it subscribes when I post "real" (not quick, that is) replies, and if not I finally found where you subscribe to the thread in question. :cool:

no, it might be inactive even though you had it on before, unfortunately. i guess mark had to turn it off to stop the bouncing of mails back to the server.
it's the sixth option from the top in the option panel, it reads "use e-mail notification by default". i.e., every time you reply you get subscribed, with email dispatched to your mailbox. unless of course you select something different upon posting your message.

I never use email notification... I'm on UM almost every day, and 99% of the time I'm on a computer. I check my email once a week to once a month...

It seems that the reg date didn't effect rep, jsut posts and rep points...

either way, I give a lot :)

The amount given was also reduced, so nobody can give more than 8-9 points now...

Last I checked I gave 6 I think.