Reputation (aka those little green squares)

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Reputation was set up as a way to let someone know what you thought of their post. If you look underneath someone's avatar (userpic), you'll see one or more green dots; that represents their reputation level. The more green dots they have, the more people who've left them positive reputation points. If you look even farther down below their avatar, you'll see an icon with an x and a check mark in it; this is what you click to give someone reputation points for that post.

Remember, you can receive negative reputation as well as positive..

I like the rep system, it clearly shows how quality of a person you are in real life. Obviously, us 1 squared people are worthless, while the ones with maxed out rep are superior beings. With that said, I want to be the biggest LOSER on the forum, dump negative rep on me please! I want to have all RED squares.

Phanto said:
I gave you (Jax) -rep because I don't see the point with this. Want e-peen or what?

The point was to explain reputation to the people who didn't know what it was. There's no need to be a jerk about it, you could've passed the thread by completely if you already understood the system.

That said, it's a UM-wide feature, so ya'll should let Deron (MetalAges) know if you dislike it, I have no control over it.

There was a big thing in the GMD, and people who had high rep liked it, and people who didnt have any didnt. There was supposedly a rep circle in some forums off topic that people used to get their rep high.

Reactions: Anonymous