Ultimate Metal Band Game III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opethian666

Booze influenced
Sep 17, 2005
lolol, since you people obviously hate waiting to be able to vote on the other games, I thought I could open a new one. To make this one go faster as the others, here are the rules:

You can vote once every day, doesn't matter how many hours between it, so if you vote when you go to sleep at 5 am and get up at 6 am you can vote twice in one hour, but remember, only once a day!

You can give 2 positive points a day, and 3 negative points a day, divided as you choose among bands.

To make things more interesting, if you give the death blow to a certain band, you get an extra negative point to divide each day. So you gain experience by killing bands :lol: and your attack force is increased.

If a band gets killed that you last gave positive points to, you lose one positive point to give each day. That would mean you're a very sucky healer.

If a band got in the 2 point area (2 or 1 life points left), and you gave positive points to it, and it survived for 3 more rounds (not including the round you gave the points), you get an additional positive point to give each day. Who knows, you could become a Metal monk!

Now, this will only work if this becomes a structured game, so clearly show which bands you give points to, don't just update the list, and when one of the 3 special cases I described occurs, mention it in your post, and if you see something like this happening without anyone mentioning it, point it out!

Here is the list:

20 Between The Buried And Me
20 Dark Tranquillity
20 Dimmu Borgir
20 Edge Of Sanity
20 Emperor
20 Hypocrisy
20 Immortal
20 Kreator
20 Megadeth
20 My Dying Bride
20 Nevermore
20 Opeth
20 Pantera
20 Strapping Young Lad
20 Testament

Edit: to clear something out: a round is one post by someone who gives points, it does not mean a day or anything.

Start!

20 Dark Tranquillity
20 Dimmu Borgir
20 Edge Of Sanity
20 Emperor
20 Hypocrisy
17 Immortal (-3)
20 Kreator
20 Megadeth
20 My Dying Bride
20 Nevermore
22 Opeth (+2)
20 Pantera
20 Strapping Young Lad
20 Testament

Second!

20 Dark Tranquillity
20 Dimmu Borgir
20 Edge Of Sanity
20 Emperor
20 Hypocrisy
18 Immortal (+1)
20 Kreator
17 Megadeth (-3)
20 My Dying Bride
20 Nevermore
23 Opeth (+1)
20 Pantera
20 Strapping Young Lad
20 Testament

how bout we dont play this game anymore...but if we do.....
play with this list instead

10-Bal-Sagoth
10-Dark Tranquility
10-Diabolical Masquerade
10-Emperor
10-Falkenbach
10-Turisas
10-Windir
10-Kalmah
10-Ulver
10-Wintersun
10-Riverside
10-Bloodbath

Don't interrupt the game bitch, if you want your own list start your own game of shitty bands.

BreathingShadow may be up to something man since it's a pretty idiotic thing to start this game with Opeth in it...

BreathingShadow may be up to something man since it's a pretty idiotic thing to start this game with Opeth in it...

What's the difference? If theyre the ultimate metal band theyre supposed to win. The band that would win in a game without Opeth should be second here, so what does it matter?

Edit: and if you're posting here anyways, why don't you go ahead and add some points.

20 Dark Tranquillity
20 Dimmu Borgir
21 Edge Of Sanity +1
17 Emperor -3
20 Hypocrisy
18 Immortal
20 Kreator
17 Megadeth
20 My Dying Bride
20 Nevermore
24 Opeth +1
20 Pantera
20 Strapping Young Lad
20 Testament

on BS's list I'd be pro-Riverside 100%

20 Dark Tranquillity
20 Dimmu Borgir
21 Edge Of Sanity
17 Emperor
20 Hypocrisy
20 Immortal +2
20 Kreator
17 Megadeth
20 My Dying Bride
20 Nevermore
24 Opeth
17 Pantera -3
20 Strapping Young Lad
20 Testament

Opethian666 said:
What's the difference? If theyre the ultimate metal band theyre supposed to win. The band that would win in a game without Opeth should be second here, so what does it matter?

Edit: and if you're posting here anyways, why don't you go ahead and add some points.

Why bother, I'm a member of the Opeth forum so it's kind of a responsibility for me to give the points to Opeth... :Smug:

Why bother, I'm a member of the Opeth forum so it's kind of a responsibility for me to give the points to Opeth...

You can always just make sure they survive till the end and at the same time give points to your other favorite bands and destroy your least favorites, or is that too logical?

20 Dark Tranquillity
20 Dimmu Borgir
21 Edge Of Sanity
17 Emperor
20 Hypocrisy
20 Immortal
20 Kreator
17 Megadeth
20 My Dying Bride
20 Nevermore
24 Opeth
14 Pantera -3
22 Strapping Young Lad +2
20 Testament

20 Dark Tranquillity
20 Dimmu Borgir
21 Edge Of Sanity
17 Emperor
20 Hypocrisy
22 Immortal +2
20 Kreator
17 Megadeth
20 My Dying Bride
20 Nevermore
21 Opeth -3
14 Pantera
22 Strapping Young Lad
20 Testament

im just gonna vota against opeth because its really lame to have the band whos board your on in the list

20 Dark Tranquillity
21 Dimmu Borgir +1
21 Edge Of Sanity
17 Emperor
17 Hypocrisy -3
22 Immortal
20 Kreator
18 Megadeth +1
20 My Dying Bride
20 Nevermore
21 Opeth
14 Pantera
22 Strapping Young Lad
20 Testament

my bands are better, you listen to pantera

Whose bands are better is a matter of taste... Besides I haven't heard half of the bands in your list because I'm not such an vltra Krieg kvlt Frosbitten whatever asshole, maybe if I knew of a store (Belgium is a sucky country for metal CD stores) that sells their stuff I could listen to them and maybe you're right I could find them better bands but I can't know this yet can I.
And if you think Pantera sucks you suck. Dimebag was an incredible guitar player and CFH and VDOP are kickass albums.

Btw, Kalmah sounds just like CoB, they're not bad, but not original and certainly not special. I'd take Pantera over them anyday, at least they made something original to set them aside from the rest of the scene.

Who are "Between the Buried and Me"? Worth checking out?

While I'm here...

20 Dark Tranquillity
20 Dimmu Borgir -1
21 Edge Of Sanity
18 Emperor +1
17 Hypocrisy
21 Immortal -1
20 Kreator
18 Megadeth
19 My Dying Bride -1
20 Nevermore