Ultimate Metal Band Game IV

Opethian666

Booze influenced
Sep 17, 2005
Since moonlapse hasn't unlocked my thread yet which he said he would unlock after the first 2 games would end, I'm making a new one here, feel free to delete the old one. And please don't close this one because you think it borders on spam, if we keep it to 2 games going on at a time shouldn't be such a problem, right? And you can always delete the former 2 once they have ended.

So here are the rules, I'm gonna try to make it a bit more interesting since just giving points is a bit dull.

The game starts off with everyone being able to give 3 negative points and 2 positive points, once a day, divided as you choose among bands (you can give new points after midnight your local time). When you give points, always show where you give points, don't just upload the list.

When a poster manages to reduce a band to 0, he gets a "Bandslayer" perk, and gets an extra negative point to add each day. Point this out when you make the post.

When a poster gives positive points to a band, and the band dies any 3 posts after that (not including the positive post), that positive poster gets a "Useless Healer" perk and gets one less positive point to add each day.

But

When a poster gives positive points to a band WITH POINTS LOWER THAN OR EQUAL TO 4, and the band does not die any 3 posts after that (not including the positive post), that positive poster gets a "Master Healer" perk and gets one more positive point to add each day.

When a band gets above or on the 40 point mark, everyone can give one extra negative point to that band each day, until it gets below 40 again.

I hope that's clear, and that it makes this more fun and more strategical.

Herer are the bands:

16 Agalloch
16 Arcturus
16 Darkane
16 Dark Tranquillity
16 Dimmu Borgir
16 Edge Of Sanity
16 Emperor
16 Katatonia
16 My Dying Bride
16 Strapping Young Lad

And my first attack:

16 Agalloch
16 Arcturus
16 Darkane
15 Dark Tranquillity -1
14 Dimmu Borgir -2
17 Edge Of Sanity +1
17 Emperor +1
16 Katatonia
15 My Dying Bride
16 Strapping Young Lad

Edit:rules mistake, see CAPS.

Emperor was clearly the winner of the last game... how about some different bands
and why did no one add psycroptic like I told them to? blasphemy

^^With the new rules, I doubt we will have the same winner. And who knows, if they win again, it's just proof that they deserve it?

Let's do this, also I fixed the 15 that was issued to my dying bride, obviously by accident

16 Agalloch
16 Arcturus
16 Darkane
14 Dark Tranquillity -1
16 Dimmu Borgir +2
17 Edge Of Sanity
15 Emperor -2
16 Katatonia
16 My Dying Bride
16 Strapping Young Lad

16 Agalloch
16 Arcturus
14 Darkane -2
14 Dark Tranquillity
16 Dimmu Borgir
17 Edge Of Sanity
14 Emperor -1
18 Katatonia +2
16 My Dying Bride
16 Strapping Young Lad

16 Agalloch
16 Arcturus
13 Darkane -1
14 Dark Tranquillity
16 Dimmu Borgir
17 Edge Of Sanity
15 Emperor
20 Katatonia +2
14 My Dying Bride -2
16 Strapping Young Lad

16 Agalloch
16 Arcturus
13 Darkane
13 Dark Tranquillity -1
16 Dimmu Borgir
18 Edge Of Sanity +1
15 Emperor
21 Katatonia +1
12 My Dying Bride -2
16 Strapping Young Lad

16 Agalloch
16 Arcturus
13 Darkane -1
15 Dark Tranquillity
13 Dimmu Borgir
18 Edge Of Sanity
15 Emperor
22 Katatonia +2
13 My Dying Bride
14 Strapping Young Lad -2

When a poster gives positive points to a band, and the band does not die any 3 posts after that (not including the positive post), that positive poster gets a "Master Healer" perk and gets one more positive point to add each day.

THAT MAKES NO SENSE!
almost everyone would get the master healer perk

16 Agalloch
16 Arcturus
13 Darkane
15 Dark Tranquillity
7 Dimmu Borgir -3
18 Edge Of Sanity
15 Emperor
22 Katatonia
15 My Dying Bride
16 Strapping Young Lad +2

16 Agalloch
16 Arcturus
13 Darkane
15 Dark Tranquillity
04 Dimmu Borgir -3
18 Edge Of Sanity
15 Emperor
22 Katatonia
15 My Dying Bride
18 Strapping Young Lad +2

When a poster gives positive points to a band, and the band does not die any 3 posts after that (not including the positive post), that positive poster gets a "Master Healer" perk and gets one more positive point to add each day. THAT MAKES NO SENSE!
almost everyone would get the master healer perk

*RULES UPDATE*

You're right, I forgot to add the range. This only counts if the band is in the 4 point area when the positive poster posts. I'll change it in the opening post.

*RULES UPDATE*

an example:

state of band:
03 Dummy Burger

progress:
Joe: 05 Dummy Burger +2
Kvlt Jake: 03 Dummy Burger –2
Jeff: 04 Dummy Burger +1
Kvlt Jefferson: 02 Dummy Burger –2
Kvlt Pwner: 00 Dummy Burger –2

So if this would happen, Joe would get the Master Healer perk, because Burger survives 3 rounds after he gives Burger 2 positive points when its score is below or equal to 4. Jeff would get the Useless Healer perk because Dimmy Burger dies 2 rounds after he gives it positive points (if it would have died 2 more rounds later, he wouldve gotten a Master Healer perk). Kvlt Pwner gets the Burger Slayer perk.
The reason they can't give -3 is because you get one less negative point to give to bands with a score below or on 5.

16 Agalloch
16 Arcturus
13 Darkane
12 Dark Tranquillity -3
04 Dimmu Borgir
18 Edge Of Sanity
15 Emperor
22 Katatonia
17 My Dying Bride +2
18 Strapping Young Lad

im confused