Old Obsessions

Nightmarez

Hero In A Dream
Oct 15, 2002
The End
Visit site
Wow, I just busted out an old Jackson 5 CD, and I had forgot how much I loved them when I was a kid. Hell, some of their songs still make me wanna sing. Do you have any old obsessions that you revisit from time to time that you still love?

NP: Jackson 5 - Maybe Tommorow

If old means stuff you listened to in the past then Iron Maiden, Guns N' Roses, Soundgarden and maybe some other stuff. There are some stuff I listened to once that I don't really listen to anymore (although I don't think it's crap), like RUN-DMC, The Danish equilivant MC Einar, other rap stuff, Nirvana, Gorky Park (although "Bang" is good for drinking) and probably some more. When I was five or something my dad gave me some tapes with Boney M, Cliff Richard and some Danish artists called Bamse and Shu Bi Dua. "Rasputin" by Boney M is alright (although it's gotten tiresome), but I don't listen to the rest.
If old means older music, well I almost don't listen to anything newer than the 70's, so don't get me started there!

When I was 3 years old my mom used to play me Pink Floyd, David Bowie, the Police, and Supertramp. Over the years I have gone back and purchased most of the CDs that she had on vinyl way back when.

NP: Type O Negative

Older only means things you've listened to in the past. We have too versatile a board to base the term 'old' on a time period. And I could listen to Pink Floyd for hours.

I love Ah-ha, Duran Duran, Skid Row, and even some Depeche Mode. All of that really cheesy 80's new wave and metal always holds a place in my heart.

NAD said:
When I was 3 years old my mom used to play me Pink Floyd, David Bowie, the Police, and Supertramp. Over the years I have gone back and purchased most of the CDs that she had on vinyl way back when.
:) that's exactly what my parents did...
Pink Floyd
Supertramp
R.E.M.
Genesis
Queen (ofcourse :D)
etc...

Parents loved these:
Steeleye Span
Beach Boys

I used to like:
Blur
Oasis
Pulp
Hehe, I'm such an indie rawker.

Of course, there's The Offspring as well, but I never stopped liking old Offspring, so bah.

I used to listen to rap a lot, but I came to my senses and now I hate the crap. However, there's an extremely good ambient band called Skylab, and their record "#1" belongs on every shelf. Unfortunately, it's very, very hard to come by...

Most of the music I liked, I still like, just don't listen to it much. This is especially a few Spanish and Argentine (Juaquin Sabina & Leon Gieco, mainly) rock artists that my parents listened to heavily, I've also always like: Jesus Christ Superstar, Queen, & Black Sabbath.