Is 40 too old?

Bad Girl Tess said:
On a side note ...

A prog power marriage? How stinking cute!

Yep, we met at the very first ProgPower USA in February 2001. Six months later, he moved 700 miles to be with me, and we got married in December 2002. We have been to every ProgPower since--can't wait for this year! I met my future husband AND discovered Evergrey that weekend--how cool is that??? :cool:

I'm 38, have been listening (and loving) metal since I was about 15. Just saw Tarot play in Finland the other day. When I posted something about being the only old gal at the venue, Zachary (the guitarist) pointed out that he's 41 and his brother Marco (the singer) is 38.

Nope, age is an illusion :)

Hell yeah, metal keeps you young! I'm 40, my husband is 43 and I've been into the metal scene for 23 or so years. Still headbanging in the front rows and people think I'm 30 so I must be doing something right.... right? I too will still be there when I'm 80 - if it's in your blood it's not going anywhere!! :headbang:

Im 15 and ive been listenin to metal since 5th grade. my parents don't listen to metal, but I'm slowly training my dad to like it. He likes Sevendust, a step, and when he saw me watchin an Evergrey video, he thought it was really good, then i put on I'm Sorry(video), and that made it final, once he hears a good soft song he's hooked, I've gotta get him listenin to it though, he still doesn't listen to it though he likes it. Now to get him to like KsE....hahahahah!!!
.........so anyway...no 40 years isn't too old. thats actually young. 'Tallica is up in their 40's and they still rock...aside from the new cd...at concerts, and such.

NOW PLAYING: Grip Inc - Curse (of the cloth)

Hey, I'm a grandma AND I'll be 40 next year and I'll never stop liking metal. Loved it since I was 11 and never waivered my allegience....

Too old? I say you get a new wife! LOL

am_ash2 said:
Too old? I say you get a new wife! LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, man, throw that skeezer to the curb!! Just joking!! :D

I just posted something similiar to the topic on another board, but I'll give you the gist of it: I'm 31, and started listening to Van Halen when I was like 11, I believe. I loved it, and that led me to Iron Maiden, and the rest is history. You either love metal, or you don't. Contrary to what a lot of idiot non-metal listeners think, there's a lot of different types of metal, stuff for everyone.

Some people will never get it. At 22, someone once asked me, "You still listen to that shit?"

You age is irrelevant, dude. You like what you like. Be proud. The majority of the population has no passion for anything, save maybe watching reruns of "Friends" :puke: , so rejoice, and live the Metal!! :headbang:

Hello metalheads, i'm also 40 and i start listining to metal when i was 14 years old.I still can't get enough of it!!!!!!
ps.tomorrow i go to a metalfestival in my hometown to see EVERGREY!!!!!!!!,ICED EARTH,JUDAS PRIEST,CRADLE OF FILTH,TESTAMENT,and many more!!!!!!!check the site www.graspop.be
METALGREETS FROM BELGIUM!!

Some people will never get it. At 22, someone once asked me, "You still listen to that shit?"
--------------------------------------
One of my friends asked me if I was ever going to grow up-just because I listen to metal and go to concerts. I have more fun now that my kids are older because I have the freedom to go to the shows. I'll be the one up front in the wheelchair with the long blue hair headbanging when I'm 70!